b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wasted at LWB. Not a striker (false 9 bolleaux). Play him where he is brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
On the subject of Chelsea, we’re kindly developing a young left centre back for them. Colwill is an insurance policy. I’d like to see the us sign our own player in this position. Attilla the Szalai has been mentioned but I like the look of injury ravished ex-Dortmund free agent Dan-Axel Zagadou. Like a young Dan Burn but he is at elite level with his head. A great left back option too.

Injury ravished? Is this an S&M thing?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fulham have had a bid for BBD rejected.

Personally I would be surprised if we were not in for him.

Pace, height and strength. Can play anywhere along the front line.

Knows how to score

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
GP does not have clear lack of faith in Undav. You're not alone in this, but best to avoid jumping to definitive conclusions. There are many players that Potter has eased into the starting 11 who have subsequently stayed there as, equally, there are many that he has thrown straight in (some of which subsequently lost their starting place).

I understand your opinion but I think my point that he lacks faith in Undav at this stage is a valid concern - whether it comes down to match sharpness or other reasons. That's not to say he won't become a starter further down the line.

Mwepu looked clueless as to the role he was asked to perform on Tuesday, so can't see why he would have been preferred over Undav unless there was some underyling worries. It could have been that Potter made a tactical choice that Mwepu was better suited to the game and got it wrong (to be fair it doesn't happen very often), but if you have a fit and firing striker in reserve, I'd argue the manager wouldn't normally opt to play a centre mid in a false 9 over simply making a straight swap with Welbeck, in a setup that brought us a lot of success in the opening matches of the season.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Knows how to score

The obvious choice which we should have gone for weeks ago and not left to the final day.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ha! His injury record is the reason we’d be able to get our hands on him (see Welbeck signing). He is top level.

Yeah, good player. I just found the word "injury-ravished", rather than the more typical "injury-ravaged", amusing.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Knows how to score

This. We should be in for BBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The obvious choice which we should have gone for weeks ago and not left to the final day.

Maybe we thought there were better options (cost effective maybe?) I can’t think of any below the reported fee needed

Unal would be my overall preference but can’t see it

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Knows how to score

Given that we have a decent relationship with Blackburn I think this is an achievable deal even if we pay a million or two more than we'd like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here