Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transfer Deadline Day - 1st September 2022

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We need Musa Barrow in. Will score ten a season, been used to a tough league playing in Italy, has pace, height, and mobility. Can be the Welbeck back up or play left of a front three.
Gilmour would be handy although see him as a back up to AliMac / Caicedo. If that one becomes difficult I can see us backing away from it as we have Alzate.
Would like us to get the Chilean kid in so we keep the pipeline going.
However for me, Barrow is the key one.

This, or i would take Joel Piroe from Swansea

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very risky to put all our eggs in one basket with Welbeck, I can't see us signing a striker though and the usual line of 'there was no one available who was a good fit' will be trotted out. But with Potter's clear lack of faith in Undav at this stage, if we don't sign a striker some questions will need to be asked about why we let Maupay go.

Hope I'm wrong mind and we have a useful 11th hour striker signing lined up!

GP does not have clear lack of faith in Undav. You're not alone in this, but best to avoid jumping to definitive conclusions. There are many players that Potter has eased into the starting 11 who have subsequently stayed there as, equally, there are many that he has thrown straight in (some of which subsequently lost their starting place).

Stumpy Tim

GP does not have clear lack of faith in Undav. You're not alone in this, but best to avoid jumping to definitive conclusions. There are many players that Potter has eased into the starting 11 who have subsequently stayed there as, equally, there are many that he has thrown straight in (some of which subsequently lost their starting place).

100% this. Astonishing people honestly believe it. Prior to the Fulham match we were unbeaten so very hard for Undav to break in, though when he had come on as a sub it was ahead of Maupay. Tactically Potter went for something different (and IMO got it wrong) against Fulham, but Undav did come on again. It's not common for Potter to throw someone in the team, with Pervis being the only example this season and that's because he's the only left-back we have.

I really would like another Welbs-type striker, but how many transfer windows have we been crying for a centre forward without getting one... and we're still 4th in the Premier League

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Forget all this twenty goal a season striker stuff. With Harland around it needs to be 50 a season, presuming he has a lean spell. Nine goals in 5 games!

Yep, signing of the decade in the making there. Brute of a forward who just bangs them in. Doesn't matter if you only have 9 or 10 touches a game if 3 of those are goals!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Really hope a striker will come in , we've sold our main proven goalscoring one.

Welbeck wont be available every game

Could be the difference in improving last seasons 9th.

Suspect we wont and we'll regret it by October

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I like so many want another option upfront to DW and feel this should be the priority. I’m not demanding a 20+ goal machine.

We have the money and many many options out there. Suspect that this will not happen though which is very very risky.

On the face of it billy gilmour isn’t the priority over a forward but I guess the club see us losing Moises in Jan at which point a mf is a priority. So guess it’s smart but doesn’t solve the glaringly obvious risks of the present.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hope Caicedo doesn't get pinched last minute and would personally like us to go for Ben Brereton Diaz.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really do think we'll be OK this season.
The regular 'we don't have an incoming striker' issue keeps rolling on, and will never change.
Look at Chelsea, they're desperate to get Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in, even though he'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get up to speed, after his home invasion.
I trust GP to have a scooby to what's needed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a common "rule" on deadline days: Don't think there will be any (first team) signings we haven't yet heard any rumours of... leaving us pretty much with the Fiorentina bloke, Barrow and Billy the Kid, unless I'm missing someone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[tweet]1565234994523607041[/tweet]

Good to hear the club are trying.

But I’m sure there are more than 2 targets being worked on.

The club are now always in the market for a South American wonderkid. We could revitalise the Facundo deal or grab the Chilean lad.

Then there is wee Billy Gilmour. I was hoping for a Bissouma replacement but a Mac Allister back-up could be just as good. Wee Billy has a very very high ceiling, Potter is the sort of manager who could get him touching it. A real coup if we get him over the line.

On the subject of Chelsea, we’re kindly developing a young left centre back for them. Colwill is an insurance policy. I’d like to see the us sign our own player in this position. Attilla the Szalai has been mentioned but I like the look of injury ravished ex-Dortmund free agent Dan-Axel Zagadou. Like a young Dan Burn but he is at elite level with his head. A great left back option too.

Finally, the player we REALLY need. The Danny Welbeck profile striker. Like [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] says, we just need someone competent to share the work with our former England star, it does not have to be Haaland. Kouame would be fantastic as would Musa Barrow ( https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/2021/06/27/musa-barrow-gambia-serie-a/ ). There is also Enes Ünal from Getafe although I think he lacks the pace to run in behind although he is in the form of his life goal scoring wise. The team looked very disturbed without Welbeck against Fulham. We can’t let that happen again.

So that’s five possible ‘ins’ today. How many will be see? Perhaps one (if we are really, really lucky)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here