Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tranquility in E8

As you may be aware I am generally proud of Hackney but last night

Murder inquiry after man killed
A murder investigation has begun after a 21-year-old man was shot dead in an east London street.

Police were called to Ickburgh Road in Clapton at about 2250 BST on Monday following reports of gunshots.

The man was found with gunshot wounds and died at the scene. He has not been named but his next of kin have been informed, police said.

Two men, in their mid-20s, were arrested and are being questioned at separate police stations.

Clapton Road and Clapton rail station are closed while investigations are carried out into the shooting.

and on the 5th October .............................

Latest news from E8

A brave policeman had a gun held to his head after he cornered a youth who shot at him in Dalston.

The officer was on patrol with a colleague in Greenwood Road at 7.40pm on Saturday.

They spotted four teenagers on bikes they wanted to question and followed them.

Three of the youths pedalled away but one whipped out a handgun and fired at the officers.

The Pc chased the suspect into a nearby garden but backed away when the thug pointed a gun at his head.

this continues on

from a stabbing about a week ago,

a kidnapping in mid August at the houses behind us

a drive by shooting in August at my local shops

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sounds triffic.

That said, I doubt it is the Borough to blame, just an element within its population.

Lush

Mods' Pet
:nono:

Teenagers with guns are scary mainly because they really don't give a f*** about anyone else, but also they seem to have an very immature grasp of the realities of life and death.

Slight subject swerve but did anyone see the story yesterday about the two 14 year old girls who jumped to their deaths off a bridge ? I remember reading about a couple of girls in France who jumped off a tower block to prove how much they were in love with a particular boy. They genuinely seemed to have some weird notion that they'd still be around somehow, to see how much he missed them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here