Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains up the creak tomorrow

Im doing Btn - ClapJnc - BatterseaPark - Sbermonsey, which looks fine, and not on the engineering map showing the lines which are affected. The part of line with eng works is between Norwood jnc and Sydenham which is on the Brighton - Lon Br stretch.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
so why couldn't the official site have made this plain and clear.

It ain't rocket science.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trains are f***ed tonight as well. I'm trying to get to bloody London from Hove. Absolute f***ing joke the rail service in this country: train is over half an hour late and only just left HH and the on-board announcements are suggesting we're going to Angmering. How, or why, commuters and/or regular train users put up with this absolute shit I'll never know.

Come on company man [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION], explain this one away.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Im doing Btn - ClapJnc - BatterseaPark - Sbermonsey, which looks fine, and not on the engineering map showing the lines which are affected. The part of line with eng works is between Norwood jnc and Sydenham which is on the Brighton - Lon Br stretch.

FYI
Norwood/Sydenham also forms part of the Ldn Bridge- Ldn Victoria loop which runs through Battersea Park, i havent seen where the engineering works are but thought i would add that insightful little nugget.

that is all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The trains are f***ed tonight as well. I'm trying to get to bloody London from Hove. Absolute f***ing joke the rail service in this country: train is over half an hour late and only just left HH and the on-board announcements are suggesting we're going to Angmering. How, or why, commuters and/or regular train users put up with this absolute shit I'll never know.

But privatisation sorted the railways out blah blah blah.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Electrical problems. Railtrack's responsibility. Aren't they government owned?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
FYI
Norwood/Sydenham also forms part of the Ldn Bridge- Ldn Victoria loop which runs through Battersea Park, i havent seen where the engineering works are but thought i would add that insightful little nugget.

that is all.
What train are you getting mate ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
With possible problems, what's the best route if coming from Eastbourne?
When you look on National Rail enquiries website the suggested route is to change at Victoria. This seems counter-intuitive with regard to the NSC London Bridge obsession but it is what I am going to do. Can someone who knows more kindly tell me if I'm mad?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
When you look on National Rail enquiries website the suggested route is to change at Victoria. This seems counter-intuitive with regard to the NSC London Bridge obsession but it is what I am going to do. Can someone who knows more kindly tell me if I'm mad?

there are 2 trains every 27 mins LB TO SB

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Network Rail issue, now which government took them out of private industry ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
National Rail Enquiries - Future Engineering Works

It's not clear to me but it might seem the best way is Victoria then tube to London Bridge??

From Haywards Heath you can travel via First Capital Connect instead of Southern and they only show possible engineering work between Sydenham and Norwood Junction which doesnt affect us. Very confusing but if you search the actual trains on plan your journey it shows no expected disruptions

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
FYI

that is all.

You're incorrect.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Privatisation or not, engineering work happens at weekends. And the fact that football matches are taking place on the far side of these works is never taken into account. How else can you explain the closing of the Anglia main line on the day of an Old Farm game, or the work on the District Line every time West Ham were at home on a Saturday two seasons ago? Unless, of course, it was all an anti-football conspriracy ...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Work gets planned 2 YEARS (generally) in advance and the FL plans fixtures where possible around them, these works are urgent so are being done at a quieter time. The only change today is that there are about 2 trains less than usual - there is still 6 trains an hour to a London station.

People are panicking over nothing !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here