Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains toward Eastbourne Post Match - How Long to Queue?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm planning on getting a train out toward near Eastbourne after the match on Saturday. I've got a couple of hours to get there (ideally arriving no later than 7). How long does it normally take for that side of the train station to clear up? I'm trying to decide if it's worth lingering at the amex for a little while then strolling straight onto the platform, or if there will still be queues, and I might as well just join the queues right after the match?

Would recommend getting a train into Brighton then doubling back. A quick geeky peruse of National Rail Enquiries shows a train leaving Brighton at 17:31 arriving Eastbourne 18:11. Even the one half an hour later will get you to Eastbourne in plenty of time for 7pm. Guaranteed seat, minimal scrum. Job done :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yep, and what you suggested is what I have done. It is the others that are the problem lol. I don't see how Southern can mitigate that, but it is a pity that there isn't some kind of filter that only allows people onto the platform who are actually gonna take the next train.

As soon as the train pulls out, everyone on the platform gets sent to the back of the queue. Those who refuse are summarily shot.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Would recommend getting a train into Brighton then doubling back. A quick geeky peruse of National Rail Enquiries shows a train leaving Brighton at 17:31 arriving Eastbourne 18:11. Even the one half an hour later will get you to Eastbourne in plenty of time for 7pm. Guaranteed seat, minimal scrum. Job done :thumbsup:

Yes, this is the one that we get home afterwards -gets to falmer abut 17.35. We stay on the concourse, have a pint or two, watch the highlights (yes, I know!!) and leave at about 5.25. Don't be put off by the still large snaking queues -there is a train to seaford beforehand which takes a few and then the gates open for the E train and it is amazing how many can then move. We have never missed this train, or rather been refused entry on to the platform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here