Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Stoke

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Does anyone by any chance, know of any cheaper train fares to Stoke?

Grateful for any tips :)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Why do people say this? I haven't been on this site for, probably a year or more, I don't know if anyone's asked this and I'm not going to go trawling through past threads... Don't reply if you've got nothing to add!

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Why do people say this? I haven't been on this site for, probably a year or more, I don't know if anyone's asked this and I'm not going to go trawling through past threads... Don't reply if you've got nothing to add!

1) Because there's at least one thread already on the first page which, through the magic of sight, you may have been able to find it
2) Because the search function really won't take that much time out of your day and
3) Because it's easy to find cheap train fares on your own anyway, therefore making it an even more pointless question

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
1) Because there's at least one thread already on the first page which, through the magic of sight, you may have been able to find it
2) Because the search function really won't take that much time out of your day and
3) Because it's easy to find cheap train fares on your own anyway, therefore making it an even more pointless question

Starts to remind me why I never come on here. Make a perfectly harmless thread asking for help on train fares, which aren't even for me anyway as I don't need them, and end up with rude pretentious comments for replies... I didn't realise you could use the search function for something so specific and I have looked up the fares and can only find a return for £77 so wondered how you get these £10 returns?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pick the London Midland slow route - go to their website

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I found it confusing at first, too. You need to download the voucher, from the link on that other thread, and print it out. Take it along to Euston, to buy your ticket on the day. You cannot buy online.

But the big catch is you can only use London Midland trains. So when the game is over, only two trains out of Stoke will get you back to Euston - the 17:54 and the 18:54 (I think), both of which involve a change at Northampton. Takes about 3.5 hours (I think) to get back to London, but it'll only cost you a tenner.

When you're searching for trains on the London Midland site, you can narrow it down so it only searches for London Midland trains :thumbsup:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I haven't looked at their website but surely once you have got 2 & from euston from Brighton,then get the slow train to stoke only to then realize that there is no direct train back to euston from stoke.so during the trek back to Brighton via Northampton
Milton Keynes or any other town in the home counties maybe it would just be easier to either (a) pay full fare & get there and back in one piece or (b) save your money for a more important league game.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I found it confusing at first, too. You need to download the voucher, from the link on that other thread, and print it out. Take it along to Euston, to buy your ticket on the day. You cannot buy online.

But the big catch is you can only use London Midland trains. So when the game is over, only two trains out of Stoke will get you back to Euston - the 17:54 and the 18:54 (I think), both of which involve a change at Northampton. Takes about 3.5 hours (I think) to get back to London, but it'll only cost you a tenner.

When you're searching for trains on the London Midland site, you can narrow it down so it only searches for London Midland trains :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for this, much appreciated simplifying :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here