Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Selhurst tomorrow

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Seems there are no direct trains to Selhurst or Norwood tomorrow.

Do we really have to change at East Croydon..?

I hate that f##king place....!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't ever remember being any train that has been direct to Selhurst or Norwood, so yes, East Croydon it is.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There definitely was in 2002.

Where's a time machine when you need one? On second thoughts, if it were 2002 we would be back at Withdean. I'm sure I can live with changing at East Croydon.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
I don't ever remember being any train that has been direct to Selhurst or Norwood, so yes, East Croydon it is.

Sure I stopped there recently on a trip to Victoria, perhaps the driver just wanted to take a dump and thought that was an appropriate place...!!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sure I stopped there recently on a trip to Victoria, perhaps the driver just wanted to take a dump and thought that was an appropriate place...!!!

Usally when i go from brighton - victoria it goes through EC, only once have i gone through Selhurst (I don't use the train very much...)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There is a direct train to Norwood Junction every 30 minutes from Horsham via Three Bridges so if you want to avoid East Croydon you could change onto that one at either Three Bridges or Gatwick but it will be a bit slower as its the stopping service.

tasty_snacks

Feb 20, 2011
Seems odd that a direct service or three would not be put on. Changing at East Croydon, and hence mixing, can't be good foresight/ karma?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seems odd that a direct service or three would not be put on. Changing at East Croydon, and hence mixing, can't be good foresight/ karma?

Yes, as whenever us lot meet we will always have a fight :facepalm: Christ on a bike.

No point having a direct train to the match as people travel at different times and then it puts pressure on the police up there having a large number of us lot turning up at once !!

Why would Palace fans going to the game be waiting in numbers for a train at East Croydon? They'll either be on a local stopping train passing through the station, or they'll be using their local knowledge and walking to the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here