Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains screwed again

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
My tram in Germany was very punctual at 7am local despite snowing steadily since Sunday morning. Just sayin. :whistle:

The ultimate irony: Last night RTL news carried an article 'claiming' how more efficient the UK railways were compared to DB Bahn (I kid you not), particularly when it came to delay repay compensation. They used Virgin as an example, stating how wonderful the new delay repay app was compared to the DB Bahn process which can be rather bureaucratic.

That app would of course be pointless here as the German trains are always punctual.........:mad:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big item currently on BBC Sussex this morning. Apparently Southern and others being told to shape up in 3 months or lose the franchise. MP'S angry that lots of cancellations due to staff shortages.

Think SR are summoned to the Transport Committee tomorrow to explain this mess in front of all the relevant MPs that are in their area.

Could be very interesting if they get booted out as all tax payers then own them for a while

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Oh FFS trains have come to a standstill outside of Balcombe tunnel again.

Lady on my train has missed her flight home.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My tram in Germany was very punctual at 7am local despite snowing steadily since Sunday morning. Just sayin. :whistle:

The ultimate irony: Last night RTL news carried an article 'claiming' how more efficient the UK railways were compared to DB Bahn (I kid you not), particularly when it came to delay repay compensation. They used Virgin as an example, stating how wonderful the new delay repay app was compared to the DB Bahn process which can be rather bureaucratic.

That app would of course be pointless here as the German trains are always punctual.........:mad:

Do you live in Germany now then or just visiting?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Think SR are summoned to the Transport Committee tomorrow to explain this mess in front of all the relevant MPs that are in their area.

Could be very interesting if they get booted out as all tax payers then own them for a while

East coast did well back in government hands for a few years.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this meeting

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I say to all you commuters either get a house where you work or get a job near your house. My two minute walk to work is not affected by any train or traffic problems.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't know if it will do any good but here is a petition to sign should you wish.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/113871

the question is, how will a review of Southern franchise help resolve signalling problems managed by Network Rail? for their fault, Southern seem to act as a lightning rod for all criticism while Network Rail go by unscathed. If NR aren't pulled in front of the committee too it wont get to the root of the problems and more importantly get on to resolution.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
East coast did well back in government hands for a few years.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this meeting

They paid a lot of money back but there was no investment made at all over those years hence the state of it at present and the huge investment required in new trains

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wankers. How much do I pay not for trains to break down. I say that specifically before some clever **** says signals are network rail.

Yoda

English & European
the question is, how will a review of Southern franchise help resolve signalling problems managed by Network Rail? for their fault, Southern seem to act as a lightning rod for all criticism while Network Rail go by unscathed. If NR aren't pulled in front of the committee too it wont get to the root of the problems and more importantly get on to resolution.

I think Southern get the flack as there is no communication between depts when anything like this happens and they tend to run around like headless chickens. In fact a headless chicken would be better at their crisis resolution then the people in charge.

They've also been rightly targeted due to not having enough train crew staff employed that they can call in to help get the stock into the right places when things like this (with Network Rail) goes wrong. Also, instead of putting the customer first in situations like this, they put their profits and targets first.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Wankers. How much do I pay not for trains to break down. I say that specifically before some clever **** says signals are network rail.

:moo:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la

You are quite correct that Southern can't be blamed for signalling and other infrastructure issues that have caused the delays today, but what they are wholly accountable for are the number of trains cancelled due to lack of staff or running 4 carriage services instead of 12 etc. This happens very frequently. I've commuted for almost 13 years now and the last 2 years have been the worst I've known. Southern are a shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here