Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains Saturday. How bad will Falmer to Brighton be post match?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
it happened more times than not on the coastway service travelling to games last year.

The norm was a max 4 coacher rocking up packed
That is because on a normal day there is a lack of carriages, but as this is a reduced service, there will be ample carriages. The 4 carriages are scheduled normally on the coast, the extra 4 are conditional if they can either a) find any spares or b) find a driver to take them out of the sidings and attached them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One every 15 minutes actually 4tph, 7 or 8 carriages. Think the Seafords are 7 and the Eastbourne’s 8, based on other over time bans. And everyone’s favourite gripe is solved, I believe the Portsmouths are 8 carriages as well.
Is the Lewes-Brighton shuttle running on Saturday, if not I would anticipate Lewes station to be carnage before the game with through trains being mostly full already when the arrive at Lewes

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is the Lewes-Brighton shuttle running on Saturday, if not I would anticipate Lewes station to be carnage before the game with through trains being mostly full already when the arrive at Lewes
I don’t believe so I’m afraid, they are additional to the standard service so imagine they wouldn’t have been able to find drivers to do overtime to run them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m leaving Southampton now, I have told Mrs.Punal, quoting the immortal words of Edward Oates (Scott of the Antarctic chap), “I’m going out, I may be some time.” :wave:

PB, as ever organised, has laid on accomodation.

IMG_0291.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here