Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains Saturday. How bad will Falmer to Brighton be post match?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bad really really bad, in fact so bad don't bother planning anything for Sunday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given there’s a train overtime ban there’ll probably be one every 30 mins max, maybe less. Not using the train for this one myself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bear in mind its likely the game won't finish till around ten past five, as Luton attempt to shithouse their way to a 0-0.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
looks a normal service online but wont work like that.

Luton are going to be FUN

I predict it will be a shambles travel wise before and after

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking on the Southern website there's 3 trains per hour on Saturday between Lewes and Brighton/Brighton and Lewes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bear in mind its likely the game won't finish till around ten past five, as Luton attempt to shithouse their way to a 0-0.
They'll be 'ola-ing' and smoking cigars by 16:30 in front of a crowd numbering 3000, max.

The trains will be fine at full time.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
with the ne rules of time wasting = time added on (yes i know its always been e=the cade but more likely games last longer now) this may not be too inaccurate!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Given there’s a train overtime ban there’ll probably be one every 30 mins max, maybe less. Not using the train for this one myself.
One every 15 minutes actually 4tph, 7 or 8 carriages. Think the Seafords are 7 and the Eastbourne’s 8, based on other over time bans. And everyone’s favourite gripe is solved, I believe the Portsmouths are 8 carriages as well.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One every 15 minutes actually 4tph, 7 or 8 carriages. Think the Seafords are 7 and the Eastbourne’s 8. And everyone’s favourite gripe is solved, I believe the Portsmouths are 8 carriages as well.
That's not too shabby for a reduced service day imho. Just don't go subbing any one of those for a 3 or 4 carriage jobbie pretty please, cos that's when it gets really annoying

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
That's not too shabby for a reduced service day imho. Just don't go subbing any one of those for a 3 or 4 carriage jobbie pretty please, cos that's when it gets really annoying
Train times aren't finalised until the 10th August so even if it looks ok now, it may (and will) probably change.

And then half the signals won't work anyway, etc...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Train times aren't finalised until the 10th August so even if it looks ok now, it may (and will) probably change.

And then half the signals won't work anyway, etc...
The times for Saturday are available on real time trains, that is what is running.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That’ll be on the day if that happens. The problem on that day is lack of drivers not lack of carriages.
it happened more times than not on the coastway service travelling to games last year.

The norm was a max 4 coacher rocking up packed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here