Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains - replacement buses on sat question.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
First time i'm going to withdean when there are replacement buses in operation from Haywards Heath - Preston Park and wondering how long they do actually take rather than the published times on the National rail enquiries webby. Anyone used them before and is it a real nightmare? How much time is it best to leave to get from HH to PP?

Cheers

Grizz

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would say the bus is around 45 minutes

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Again?! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Going from HH to PP means you will have to get the stopping bus which goes everywhere. The times published on the site are pretty accurate but depending on where the buses start, they might not leave HH on time.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:angry:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
we're going into brighton for some lunch and a few beers then to PP, trains from Brighton to PP are fine arent they ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
just checked their not - DOH!!!

So wots the best way to get to withers from Brighton ? and how much time to leave

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Grizz said:
First time i'm going to withdean when there are replacement buses in operation from Haywards Heath - Preston Park and wondering how long they do actually take rather than the published times on the National rail enquiries webby. Anyone used them before and is it a real nightmare? How much time is it best to leave to get from HH to PP?

Cheers

Grizz
pm sent.:wave:

Springal said:
just checked their not - DOH!!!

So wots the best way to get to withers from Brighton ? and how much time to leave
If the trains aren't running to Preston Park, use your Travel Voucher on the number 5 or 5A bus.

Every 10 minutes from Churchill Square - although if you're drinking at the Nelson, Evening Star, or anywhere near Brighton Station, it's quicker to walk down Trafalgar Street and catch the bus at St Peter's Church.

It'll drop you much nearer the ground than the train does, so - overall - it's probably quicker on the bus from St Peter's anyway.

The bus journey takes about 20 minutes from Churchill Square and 10 minutes from St Peter's Church.

Last edited:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Cheers for the info everyone. Replied Bakesy, but your inbox is full you plum! :D

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
oh FFS , walked to Brighton station after the game due to the lack of buses on Sunday , need to get back prompt after the game on Sat as its my bday ..... :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Fourteenth Eye said:
Bloody trains !!!!!!!!

why do they always wait til we are at home??

they couldnt possibly do it any other time could they GRRRRR

I would rather have them f***ed up for home games, than when we are heading up north and aiming to get one at 6am out of Brighton that is replaced with a bus meaning leaving even either.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Grizz said:
Cheers for the info everyone. Replied Bakesy, but your inbox is full you plum! :D
Don't understand......there was only 6 messages in there.

Dandyman

In London village.
Chester Drawers said:
Anything via Lewis ?

I know you have the airline connections but is that not a wee bit out of the way ?

Jul 5, 2003
London
Last Sunday they were running buses direct from HH to Withdean.
They went pretty soon after the Victoria train arrived at HH and took about 40 minutes. Unfortunately they were full of 10 year old Palace pikies.

Going back they were also running direct buses from Withdean (leaving next to where the park and ride ones go from) although I waited a good 10 minutes on the bus before they actually left.
Still made it in time for the Victoria train so it wasn't that bad in the end.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Empty your sent items?
ONLY 195 IN THERE...........:lol: :lol: :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here