Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains on Monday- waaaaah! [Update: full match day service]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The striking/'sick' staff aren't doing themselves any favours here. I've got to head east through Lewes on Monday night and I have no idea what time I'm going to get in now.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The striking/'sick' staff aren't doing themselves any favours here. I've got to head east through Lewes on Monday night and I have no idea what time I'm going to get in now.

As I understand it they're not striking or sick, it's southern fail who aren't paying for overtime?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It is had to imagine what level of performance southern have to sink to before the government revoke their franchise. Simply appalling service

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
On that note: Southern have tweeted, today is officially 'TrainDay UK'

Have a truly wonderful Happy TrainDay everyone. Whether Hallmark have produced a card for this special day, I'm not certain.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ah well, weather forecast is dry for Monday. Think I'll be walking back into town rather than have anything to do with that shitty scrum for a three carriage shoebox at Falmer station. It was bad enough after the Boro beamback, Christ knows what it'll be like with a full house and Southern lowering the bar as only they can.

They've LOWERED the bar so far for CUSTOMER NON service it is now in AUSTRALIA.

They treat their STAFF with CONTEMPT

They treat their CUSTOMERS with CONTEMPT

But they carry on with little messages blaming everything and everyone but the ones TRULY responsible and that is the F**KWIT Charles Horton the CEO and his IDIOTIC managers

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As I understand it they're not striking or sick, it's southern fail who aren't paying for overtime?

Wrong, Southern have BANNED anyone from doing OVERTIME who is in DISPUTE with them so they haven't enough staff to run the booked timetable let alone any extras. Why there is not enough staff to run a service you should ask Charles Horton the CEO of Southern

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

But they carry on with little messages blaming everything and everyone but the ones TRULY responsible and that is the F**KWIT Charles Horton the CEO and his IDIOTIC managers

that 's funny ....all our customer service is in the philipines or south africa

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They're far worse than either of the old Connex franchises and streets ahead of South Eastern in uselessness now. Quite an achievement.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If anyone would like to find out why Southern, their service or lack of it and their staff relations are so appalling I suggest instead of moaning ask Charles Horton the CEO why

I'm sure he'd like to hear from everyone

charles.horton@gtrailway.com

Thanks, done. As follows:

Dear Mr Horton,

I understand that your company, Southern Rail, is unable to run even a normal matchday service on Monday when Brighton and Hove Albion are at home in the Championship play-offs.

This means that 28,000 people or so will be struggling to get home from the stadium late in the evening.

It's not good enough to blame the poor service on staff shortages: providing enough staff to get the job done is a basic requirement of any company and yours appears to be, frankly, incompetent.

I am copying this letter to my MP, Maria Caulfield

Yours sincerely,

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I'm bored of hearing this bollocks. If it's that bad find another job!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
The girlfriend and I will be getting a cab from Portslade station at 6.30pm.
I can book a six seater.
PM me if anyone fancies a cab share.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm bored of hearing this bollocks. If it's that bad find another job!

And I'm bored of anyone with this sort of narrow minded opinion. The guards (and shortly drivers) are fighting for your safety and security. They are not fighting for better conditions or more money. Do even the tiniest bit of research and you will find the problem is entirely caused by the upper management of GTR and the DFT. In the words of Basil Fawlty - I don't know why we bother, we should let you all burn!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Dear Mr Horton,

I understand that your company, Southern Rail, is unable to run even a normal matchday service on Monday when Brighton and Hove Albion are at home in the Championship play-offs.

This means that 28,000 people or so will be struggling to get home from the stadium late in the evening.

It's not good enough to blame the poor service on staff shortages: providing enough staff to get the job done is a basic requirement of any company and yours appears to be, frankly, incompetent.

Yours sincerely,

Excellent work. Expect a nice reasonable email back blaming their own staff and refusing to take any responsibility at all.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Dear Mr Horton,

Yours sincerely,

Done also

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here