Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains. Not a full match day service?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There was a unit failure I think in the late morning, so I think that caused some problem. It wasn’t a FULL matchday service, there was 5 trains per hour not 6 trains per hour as there would be on a Sunday. Various factors as why there couldn’t be a full one, that I can’t be bothered to type out. It’s been worse, it’s been better. I think on other threads I’ve explained the Coastway west problems, until the Dft invest in new stock that isn’t going to get any better sadly.
Three an hour showing on NRE including nothing between 12.17 and 12.47, one of the reasons I posted as we changed our plans.

I probably have a bigger problem with customer comms than the actual service sometimes. No one seems to know what’s going on when it goes tits up, which it does all the time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a unit failure I think in the late morning, so I think that caused some problem. It wasn’t a FULL matchday service, there was 5 trains per hour not 6 trains per hour as there would be on a Sunday. Various factors as why there couldn’t be a full one, that I can’t be bothered to type out. It’s been worse, it’s been better. I think on other threads I’ve explained the Coastway west problems, until the Dft invest in new stock that isn’t going to get any better sadly.
Even allowing for your mangled wording, at no point did the National Rail site show anything other than three trains an hour

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Even allowing for your mangled wording, at no point did the National Rail site show anything other than three trains an hour
2 of those train are Q paths that don’t show as advertised, if you go on a website like real time trains, they show them. It basically a train which is activated on the day if they are required. If they advertise them, but then can’t find the crew they don’t run and people get annoyed. They only run if they crew to drive them are available.

As you can see below there is 5 trains from Brighton to Falmer between 1157 and 1257, those head coded 2Zxx are the ones which are unadvertised

FBC425B5-B0FD-4683-B7D6-15D6E5B38D3B.jpeg

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thank you @Easy 10 . What about trains from/to Lewes on a Saturday. I know a fair few away fans drink there instead of Brighton, but aren't the Falmer-bound trains all full by Lewes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here