Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains For Thursday - updated - normal match day service

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Watched the 'lap of appreciation', wandered out and pretty much straight on to a Lewes-bound train. Didn't even stop on the ramp, and waited about 3 mins on the platform. Not expecting Thursday to be quite so smooth, but if I end up being 30 mins later then hey it won't change my life much. Worst home match this season saw me get home about an hour after the final whistle (Hull), which is OK in my book.

Westbound queue, I meant sorry

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Watched the 'lap of appreciation', wandered out and pretty much straight on to a Lewes-bound train. Didn't even stop on the ramp, and waited about 3 mins on the platform. Not expecting Thursday to be quite so smooth, but if I end up being 30 mins later then hey it won't change my life much. Worst home match this season saw me get home about an hour after the final whistle (Hull), which is OK in my book.

Yeah, think it was just westbound that was the problem. Took over an hour to get back to Fiveways despite leaving an hour after the match finished. I would've walked (as most people should) but have a bad back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:facepalm:

It's been on the cards all season and it was going to be 6th place (and therefore Thursday) or nothing for a week. Surely you'd have a contingency plan in place. Two rotas depending on the outcome? Overtime? No of course not. This is a money grabbing franchise staffed by ex BR workers.

After the inept performance at Barnsley I think the club's plan for grabbing 6th place was pretty remote.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have heard some inside info that they are struggling big time to get staff to run the trains!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would Southern really be that stupid to say they are running a full service without being certain of whether they have the st......actually, probably yes.

I wouldn't put anything past them - they are generally clueless when it comes to decent customer service. In particular, the staff at Brighton station are almost universally thick and rude.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I wouldn't put anything past them - they are generally clueless when it comes to decent customer service. In particular, the staff at Brighton station are almost universally thick and rude.

Agreed, but you get that in a lot of areas where some staff couldnt give a flying f*ck about you and cant be bothered to help - which is a shame as if your in a job, at least give a sh*t. Some staff are good though, but you dont hear about the good - only the bad.

Then you get the Southern Twitter account, which is monumentally useless. You'd be better off going on Chat Roulette for the info as it would be more accurate !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Used to be trains:

12613139983_c80bb822af_z_d.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here