Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Sunday

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One train an hour going to Polegate, Eastbourne & Hastings after the game.

That should be fun.

See this is the issue with Lewes bound trains post game people cannot be arsed to change at Lewes. Seaford people refuse to get on anything other than a Seaford train and Eastbourne people refuse to get on anything other than an Eastbourne train.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Two per hour Coastway West. Two per hour Coastway East unless you go to Lewes and back because - yes - they are actually running a train THROUGH Falmer. Bet they're three car wonders as well.

How on EARTH can we arrange for a 10min shuttle service on Boxing Day for 18,000 people and not arrange extra trains for 30,000 in our biggest game of the season. It's not like there won't be spare rolling stock on a Sunday.

Whoever allowed this should be shot, brought back to life, sacked and shot again.

Treble time for boxing day, nowt for a Sunday, difficult to get enough people to work Sunday without putting on loads of extras

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Think i'll sort myself out on the coach cant imagine what them ques will be like at brighton before and falmer after the game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can get to Brighton under my own steam easy enough...but are there really only going to be 3 trains an hour from Brighton to Falmer ??

#carnage

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
See this is the issue with Lewes bound trains post game people cannot be arsed to change at Lewes. Seaford people refuse to get on anything other than a Seaford train and Eastbourne people refuse to get on anything other than an Eastbourne train.

I dont think their is a Victoria train to change too though this weekend.

My mistake, there are 2 an hour at 30 & 41 past th hour.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can get to Brighton under my own steam easy enough...but are there really only going to be 3 trains an hour from Brighton to Falmer ??

#carnage

No. Two. 2. TWO

Unless you get the 20 past the hour to Lewes (because it doesn't stop at Falmer) and double back.

Perhaps someone ought to suggest a timetable change to Southern so that the XX20 stops at Falmer. Can't be hard. They add and take away stops at the drop of a hat when there's a signal failure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be grand if a schedule similar to the Boxing Day every -ten-minutes shuttle service could be lined up. That was the best train thing ever.

If there are no extra trains laid on beyond a normal Sunday service, seems inevitable that Falmer station will be closed 'for safety reasons'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No. Two. 2. TWO

Unless you get the 20 past the hour to Lewes (because it doesn't stop at Falmer) and double back.

Perhaps someone ought to suggest a timetable change to Southern so that the XX20 stops at Falmer. Can't be hard. They add and take away stops at the drop of a hat when there's a signal failure.

Oh my life.

OK, thats pre-match beers in town followed by a cab then. Stuff that for a game of soldiers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A prize for anyone who can translate the Transport Manager's reply in to English. I *think* he's saying there are more trains but they won't appear on apps or timetables.

[TWEET]557857153885937665[/TWEET]

[TWEET]557965362835521536[/TWEET]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No. Two. 2. TWO

I just have, will see if they respond.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
The crazy thing is that there is no Falmer stop for the Eastbourne to Brighton service. You have to change at Lewes.

Calling points Arrives Departs
Eastbourne [EBN] 14:34
Hampden Park (Sussex) [HMD] 14:38 14:38
Polegate [PLG] 14:42 14:42
Berwick (Sussex) [BRK] 14:48 14:48
Glynde [GLY] 14:53 14:53
Lewes [LWS] 14:59 15:00
Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] 15:12 0h 38m

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The crazy thing is that there is no Falmer stop for the Eastbourne to Brighton service. You have to change at Lewes.

Calling points Arrives Departs
Eastbourne [EBN] 14:34
Hampden Park (Sussex) [HMD] 14:38 14:38
Polegate [PLG] 14:42 14:42
Berwick (Sussex) [BRK] 14:48 14:48
Glynde [GLY] 14:53 14:53
Lewes [LWS] 14:59 15:00
Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] 15:12 0h 38m

Think they usually change that on the day for additional stops at Falmer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think they usually change that on the day for additional stops at Falmer.

Really surprised there isn't a news item on this on the club website.

Even if there are 2 trains an hour, presumably we can be informed that all trains will be 8 or 10 coaches long or whatever. There is a note about setting out early, but highlighting the Sunday service, or that there are additional trains would be nice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Even if there are 2 trains an hour, presumably we can be informed that all trains will be 8 or 10 coaches long or whatever. There is a note about setting out early, but highlighting the Sunday service, or that there are additional trains would be nice.

Yup, that is absolutely shocking by the club. How on earth are 30,000 people able to make any kind of informed transport choices based on the information available? What is WRONG with these people? Even if discussions with the train companies are still ongoing, there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't provide an update to that effect. Piss-poor.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm not at all convinced about my statement now.

Lewes platform just about holds the Lewes crowd, no way it will handle the Hasting/Eastbourne crowd as well all waiting for the 4 coach Seaford train to come through :facepalm:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yup, that is absolutely shocking by the club. How on earth are 30,000 people able to make any kind of informed transport choices based on the information available? What is WRONG with these people? Even if discussions with the train companies are still ongoing, there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't provide an update to that effect. Piss-poor.

When we played Arsenal in 2013, there were no trains between London & Brighton, with replacement buses half the way. I told the club this weeks in advance but they only made any kind of announcement about 2 days in advance. The cynic in me wonders whether bad transport news will get buried for as long as possible lest it put people off buying tickets, but it may simply be poor communication.

As for this Sunday - I've bumped Southern's reply to Bladders up there to the BHAFC Transport Twitter to see if they can confirm (or are aware) that Southern are saying that there's no extra services. Will see what the response is...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
As far as I'm concerned, the club should stop paying the travel subsidy, which I understand to be in the region of £1.5 million quid a year.

I would love to know what the bus and rail companies actually do for all that money. All I ever see is the same old train timetable and very little else.
I think the club is being ripped off by these morons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here