Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Rotherham

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That seems incredibly pointless. What use are trains at 21:14 and 21:24? Even the early leavers don't normally leave THAT early. And why a half hour gap between 21:44 and 22:13 ensuring a massive queue and scrum for the 22:13? If that is the final update for tonight, then SASTA really don't seem to have the brains they were born with.

Can you stop using common sense it confuses people like the railways.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That seems incredibly pointless. What use are trains at 21:14 and 21:24? Even the early leavers don't normally leave THAT early. And why a half hour gap between 21:44 and 22:13 ensuring a massive queue and scrum for the 22:13? If that is the final update for tonight, then SASTA really don't seem to have the brains they were born with.

Perhaps to get the carriages back to Brighton/Lewes and then back up to Lewes/Brighton...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That was the same (pre-match) service provided on Friday.

Not from Lewes, we had a coach or train quandary at about 18.30. Trains were on the display (not stopping at Falmer) staff in bookings hall confirmed all trains will stop at Falmer, waited and waited, train due was getting later and later then the magical "Correction" display and train cancelled. So up the steps to the coach. Thank god for the option.

My advice from Lewes tonight - catch the coach to Falmer to make sure you catch KO but on the way back have a look at the trains (as you have to go that way anyway to the coach) and if there are no trains get the coach back again.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not from Lewes, we had a coach or train quandary at about 18.30. Trains were on the display (not stopping at Falmer) staff in bookings hall confirmed all trains will stop at Falmer, waited and waited, train due was getting later and later then the magical "Correction" display and train cancelled. So up the steps to the coach. Thank god for the option.

My advice from Lewes tonight - catch the coach to Falmer to make sure you catch KO but on the way back have a look at the trains (as you have to go that way anyway to the coach) and if there are no trains get the coach back again.

Do you think aiming to get that 2234 from Falmer to Lewes/Eastbourne is a non-starter? I'm planning on the 1726 from Hastings, Ore to Brighton service, to get there direct as well.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

They've gone for a blanket "Trains every 10 minutes between 5pm and 10pm" without actually looking at times. They need every 10 minutes between 5pm and 8pm, then the same again from 9.30pm and 11.30pm. That's the same number of hours of peak service delivered, but spread more evenly. However, I suspect it may be something to do with shift patterns and drivers?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Sorry, I should say the same service that was promised on Friday. I don't actually get the train for week day games (and never from Lewes), so I can't comment on the realities of what happened, only the service level SASTA promise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They've gone for a blanket "Trains every 10 minutes between 5pm and 10pm" without actually looking at times. They need every 10 minutes between 5pm and 8pm, then the same again from 9.30pm and 11.30pm. That's the same number of hours of peak service delivered, but spread more evenly. However, I suspect it may be something to do with shift patterns and drivers?

Suspect the reality of the service provided tonight will bear little resemblance to the published service. It may well even be far BETTER, as was the case on Friday.

And total respect to the train crews for their goodwill towards Albion fans overriding their non-goodwill towards SASTA. Without the train crews goodwill and flexibility at short notice, strongly suspect a ten minute shuttle service would almost certainly not be possible. :clap2:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Suspect the reality of the service provided tonight will bear little resemblance to the published service. It may well even be far BETTER, as was the case on Friday.

And total respect to the train crews for their goodwill towards Albion fans overriding their non-goodwill towards SASTA. Without the train crews goodwill and flexibility at short notice, strongly suspect a ten minute shuttle service would almost certainly not be possible. :clap2:

I hope the anti union posters on here remember this when they're typing their bile and spite towards them from the safety of their keyboards

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Do you think aiming to get that 2234 from Falmer to Lewes/Eastbourne is a non-starter? I'm planning on the 1726 from Hastings, Ore to Brighton service, to get there direct as well.

We drove to lewes on Friday so don't know about trains to lewes. We were ok coming back as got a train about 9.55. However I know somebody who said there was a 50 minute wait a bit later for Falmer to lewes. Better off getting to the station on way home and seeing what trains there are and the getting the coach to lewes if the are issues. We are getting the coach from polegate tonight.

Trains every 10 minutes :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
George Bradshaw's Victorian railway guidebook say one every six minutes.:jester:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Don't know about any official announcement but TRAINS BACK ON according to journey planners now - wasn't any showing after 5 for today when I looked yesterday but most if not all there now including the extras to lewes and beyond around 1034 - lets hope enough here about it early enough to use it unlike Friday's late effort

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It had better not be another Fulham fiasco! Going half an hour early just in case.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Getting down from London last Friday wasn't so bad for me. I left work (In Piccadilly) at 15:30 and got to Victoria. Delays and cancellations announced on all the boards, finally got on a train at 16:40. As I got to Brighton (without paying as I bunked the train in protest) the train for Falmer was waiting, walked straight on, made it to the Amex for 19:00 with time to enjoy a beer in the sun, met up with the old man and bro, watched a great game and left just after the final whistle. Missed the train that was waiting in Falmer and enjoyed the banta waiting for the next train only to be told about 20 minutes later to get a bus as the next train will be a while. Walk down to the A27, get a bus, get into town, walk to the station, jump the barrier again and was back in London by 00:30 to catch my train home, made it back just before 2am on the vomit comet.

Sadly tonight my season ticket will be going unused as I doubt I'll be able to get down in time as I'm here till 5 tonight and the thought of not being able to get home is putting me off.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting that the club seem desperate to warn people away from the trains and onto other methods. Seems that either a) They know something we don't about the reality of the train situation tonight and suspect it won't be able to cope or b) They are desperate to recap as many losses as possible by getting people to pay for parking/book Seagulls travel.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting that the club seem desperate to warn people away from the trains and onto other methods. Seems that either a) They know something we don't about the reality of the train situation tonight and suspect it won't be able to cope or b) They are desperate to recap as many losses as possible by getting people to pay for parking/book Seagulls travel.

Seagulls travel is a private profit making company not run by the club

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I for one have tried other methods and not as good as the trains on almost every occasion. It would have been better for the Fulham game though and Forest last season.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Train half empty from Lewes to Falmer, helps that the club have forked out for loads of buses as well, Barber should invoice Southern for the extra expense.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Loads waiting at Brighton station, hasn't been a train for 25 minutes, think they are going to run more frequently from 6:50pm however...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here