Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Huddersfield

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Exactly pretty poor if they wait until today to let supporters know, because of this incompetence (on both sides) its cost us another £12 each to get the coach from Polegate. I can see many just won't bother. #RIPtogether

Just took a deep breath and called Southern ... all very predictable. 25 min's on hold to be told by fella that they have nothing different than what's showing and generally get told "pretty late in the day". I asked him if they had a suggestions box ..............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just took a deep breath and called Southern ... all very predictable. 25 min's on hold to be told by fella that they have nothing different than what's showing and generally get told "pretty late in the day". I asked him if they had a suggestions box ..............

Great. Coming up to 10 hours before kick-off and nobody knows anything yet.

Fair play trying to call them for info though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trains currently showing as few and far between from Falmer back into Brighton also: 21:36 (the early leaver express), 21:53, 22:22, 22:35 (cancelled), 22:40, 23:03, 23:15, 23:35, 00:25 and that's yer lot til half five in the morning.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Getting to Falmer by train isn't a problem for me tonight, it's getting from Falmer to Lewes afterwards. There's plenty of services heading east from Lewes after the game, but they're not much good if I can't get to Lewes in the first place!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Trains currently showing as few and far between from Falmer back into Brighton also: 21:36 (the early leaver express), 21:53, 22:22, 22:35 (cancelled), 22:40, 23:03, 23:15, 23:35, 00:25 and that's yer lot til half five in the morning.

So THREE trains in the first hour after the match has ended going to Brighton (seven in total), sounds like carnage!

21:53
22:22
22:40
23:03
23:15
23:35
00:25

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

The club is no better. The pre-match briefing under fans on the website talks of trains on Saturday, so this has presumably just been copied and pasted with little thought. The two areas where you would most look for help seem to be the biggest hindrances!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As per Saturday... I just won't bother going tonight again . Being without a car really isn't helping at the mo, but if public transport can't guarantee us getting home tonight then what's the point in risking it.
I'll not be renewing our season tickets next season. Just not worth the hassle anymore.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For the first time ever, I think, I've booked a Seagull Travel coach with the intention of taking it in both directions. I occasionally book one but only use the return leg. I really can't be arsed with fighting the trains tonight and I can't blame anyone else who feels the same.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For the first time ever, I think, I've booked a Seagull Travel coach with the intention of taking it in both directions. I occasionally book one but only use the return leg. I really can't be arsed with fighting the trains tonight and I can't blame anyone else who feels the same.

It really pisses me off that I have had to take the same option to get home at a decent time, or at least know we will be on the way home at 10pm, for the three of us from Polegate its £36 for a 15-20 minute journey - train from Polegate is nothing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That 2142 is now showing as cancelled.

On Saturday there was a load of post-match trains back to Brighton all showing as cancelled. I got there at 16.45 with it showing the next scheduled train at 17.16. Then a train pulled in at 16.50.

Nobody knows anything.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It really pisses me off that I have had to take the same option to get home at a decent time, or at least know we will be on the way home at 10pm, for the three of us from Polegate its £36 for a 15-20 minute journey - train from Polegate is nothing

Completely agree. I don't think I've ever taken a coach back in the evening before, I'd rather slowly drift home via the WSL/North concourse and The Cyclist, but it feels that is fraught with risk that could ultimately lead to an expensive Brighton -> Worthing taxi home.

Paying 11 or 12 quid for a coach when I can travel for free on the train feels somewhat wasteful.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford

Living in Seaford I've used Seagulls Travel both ways for night games. I've left it too late and it's sold out coming back tonight. The trains heading east after the game are non existent, it's going to be complete carnage getting home. Really takes the enjoyment out of the game when you have no idea what time you will be home.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On Saturday there was a load of post-match trains back to Brighton all showing as cancelled. I got there at 16.45 with it showing the next scheduled train at 17.16. Then a train pulled in at 16.50.

Nobody knows anything.

It was similar for me heading north. A Brighton to Seaford train was cancelled, but a Brighton to Lewes shuttle train turned up a couple of minutes later.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Southern Rail have advised additional matchday rail services will be down by one third, compared with usual full matchday extra services.

Southern Rail has advised Brighton & Hove Albion this morning that they will now only be able to provide a reduced matchday service, alongside timetabled services.

So that's more than national rail is showing then. 66.6% more. The sun is shining and I'm trying to accentuated the positives, but I'm struggling really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So THREE trains in the first hour after the match has ended going to Brighton (seven in total), sounds like carnage!

21:53
22:22
22:40
23:03
23:15
23:35
00:25

Almost guaranteed to make life extremely difficult for anybody going Westbound or on the London mainline from Brighton. Shambles.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Sure I read on FB, or club email that there is a limited service on trains tonight, 1/3rd of the usual service is the number that springs to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here