Trains delayed AGAIN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Network Rail have just announced it will be closed all day.

yep, f***ed. WFH FTW!!1!one!

A quick query, what is the point of FCC accepting Southern tickets, surely it runs on the same line?

seems odd at first but basically means you can get any train to/from the carnage.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
What's considered a reasonable route? Actually scrap that, how do we get down this evening?

via "mid sussex route" which i dont know myself (horsham - littlehampton?) or via St Leonards Warrior Sq. quite possible to get down to Falmer, but the return will be a mare.

or car. imagine taxis from Three Bridges will be doing good business.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Posted this on the other thread...

Spoke to a Southern Railways bloke on the train today.

They're sending in structural engineers to look at the tunnel, after a train driver reported a lot of brick debris on the line inside the tunnel - but in classic English parlance 'it's not going to be a five-minute job.' This looks to be a major job in the offing here.

For non-school run times, they are going to commandeer as many buses as possible for the link between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath. If you need to do Brighton - London, he said, and were prepared to take a bit more time, you can either go down to Littlehampton and up to Victoria, or along to Hastings and up to Charing Cross. Either route will add about 90 minutes to your journey.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Does anyone know if this affect the Victoria - Eastbourne Line?

yep, f***ed too.

i was at Lewes and they are cancelling all Eastbourne-Ore trains, which is a bit odd as you wonder where they are all hiding (trains from Eastbourne were running through and to Haywards Heath). there was also a emergency special running Brighton-Eastbourne-Hastings-London Bridge, which meant no regular Brighton-Eastbourne was running. so, the only service running back to Eastbourne currently is the two carriage maggot for Ashford.

if i were coming from or returning to Eastbourne after the game, i dont think i'd rely on a train service right now. hopefully they'll sort something by then, but...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ah well f*** it at least it's on tv. Il watch at the pub now....

Trains better be ok on Tuesday!!!!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i got to hh station by 7.40, queue was HUGE, managed somehow to get straight onto a coach as it pulled up next to me. got into work in LDN by 9.45am. Having to work through lunch to make up time and leave at 5.30, but dont much hope at all of making it, pretty gutted. do you reckon i could ring the ticket office and get them to print off a paper copy of my ticket for a mate? i took my ST with me to work....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will this mess up the park 'n ride, seem to struggle with evening games as it is but won't rail replacement services steal some buses fromus

junkoid

Nov 18, 2009
DJ Leon - I'm driving from Kingston this afternoon - leaving around 4/4.15. If you could get away at that time and feel inclined to contribute to the gas, I've got space in the car :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i got to hh station by 7.40, queue was HUGE, managed somehow to get straight onto a coach as it pulled up next to me. got into work in LDN by 9.45am. Having to work through lunch to make up time and leave at 5.30, but dont much hope at all of making it, pretty gutted. do you reckon i could ring the ticket office and get them to print off a paper copy of my ticket for a mate? i took my ST with me to work....

Yes, but make sure he has as many of your details as possible and have your phone on and available for when you expect him to be picking up the ticket, just in case.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Left Lewes at 8am, arrived At Haywards Heath and waited in Queue for bus to Three Bridges. Gave up after half hour and returned to Lewes. Station staff at HH says its serious damage to the tunnel at Balcombe and they think that there will be serious delays to and from London to The South Coast all weekend. Tonight will be a nightmare for all London based Seagulls. The advice given for that by staff is....LONDON VICTORIA to UCKFIELD, and bus from Uckfield to the Amex.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Left Lewes at 8am, arrived At Haywards Heath and waited in Queue for bus to Three Bridges. Gave up after half hour and returned to Lewes. Station staff at HH says its serious damage to the tunnel at Balcombe and they think that there will be serious delays to and from London to The South Coast all weekend. Tonight will be a nightmare for all London based Seagulls. The advice given for that by staff is....LONDON VICTORIA to UCKFIELD, and bus from Uckfield to the Amex.

good stuff will try and do that instead, guess my HH-Vic season ticket wont be covered for it though :( wonder if they will take my travel voucher at Uckfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports