Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains/buses problem for next week's Charlton gane

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No idea. I left my car there overnight once, thinking as it was Sunday the next day, I wouldn't be charged whatever time I picked it up in the morning.

Except it was Saturday the next day (doh) and by the time I'd realised my error and dashed to pick it up at about 8:30am (charges start at 8am), they'd already spotted it- out of all the cars in the half dozen or so car parks they manage- and left me a nice little ticket. My bad :facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just checked on bognor to Victoria. No problems. Did you plan via London bridge?

London Bridge is shut for Southern so options are Victoria or Blackfriars for direct trains to Charlton.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
There should be a direct bus to Three Bridges, that should be pretty quick. Probably better than taking the train via Littlehampton.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Eastbourne line is bus between Lewes and Three bridges - extra 30mins travel - change at East Croydon for London Bridge + pubs

Then merrily down to Charlton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloodyhell. As Edna says, every bloody time.

Looks like it's a few cans and the scenic route West to Victoria for us. Can't be doing with replacement buses.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Eastbourne line is bus between Lewes and Three bridges - extra 30mins travel - change at East Croydon for London Bridge + pubs

Then merrily down to Charlton

No trains from LB to Charlton.

From Eastbourne it is slightly quicker to go via St Leonards, Tonbridge and Lewisham and you avoid the bus.

PG

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Never been before, where do you get the train to, to get to the game? Is it to charlton? Will be going from Gatwick

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Cheers, realized it was just as easy to on to National rail. £27.70 seems a little steep though!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Bit of advice for anyone buying a train ticket....I checked the price from Gatwick to Charlton on National Rail and southern and both said £27.70. I then looked at buying a ticket from Gatwick to East Croydon which is £4.50 return and then East Croydon to Charlton which is £11 return so the journey would only actually cost £15.50 when buying split tickets. May help anyone yet to buy a ticket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bit of advice for anyone buying a train ticket....I checked the price from Gatwick to Charlton on National Rail and southern and both said £27.70. I then looked at buying a ticket from Gatwick to East Croydon which is £4.50 return and then East Croydon to Charlton which is £11 return so the journey would only actually cost £15.50 when buying split tickets. May help anyone yet to buy a ticket.

This kind of thing is why the TRAIN companies are held in such HIGH esteem by the British public.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Whatever the result those still going to the match despite the cost and the time taken to reach the ground due to engineering works suggest the club pay something towards the seat charge,there cant be many going so it wont break the bank.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whatever the result those still going to the match despite the cost and the time taken to reach the ground due to engineering works suggest the club pay something towards the seat charge,there cant be many going so it wont break the bank.

I found that quite difficult to read due to the lack of punctuation, but I think you're suggesting that the Albion pay for nearly 3,000 fans to go to the game?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am seriously considering driving to three bridges and catching train from there. Does mean no drinking though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here