Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains. After the match. (Again)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Only negative from yesterday was once again provided by southern rail.

Zero London trains from Brighton after the game thanks to signalling issues (which seemed to have been going on all day, convenient for a Saturday)

Anyone have any ideas on whether there will be any trouble getting back to London after the palace game as the strike is the next day?

I imagine the police won't allow the trains to stop with palace wandering the streets of Brighton post match.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Zero London trains from Brighton after the game thanks to signalling issues (which seemed to have been going on all day, convenient for a Saturday)

Anyone have any ideas on whether there will be any trouble getting back to London after the palace game as the strike is the next day?

I imagine the police won't allow the trains to stop with palace wandering the streets of Brighton post match.
No one on the Weds evening shift will be on strike. However, if there are signalling problems after Palace, then you will see trains delayed and cancelled.

HTH :thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No one on the Weds evening shift will be on strike. However, if there are signalling problems after Palace, then you will see trains delayed and cancelled.

HTH :thumbsup:
Cheers. With a tube strike on the same day, any other team I wouldn't bother. But I simply can't miss this one.

This is gonna be the game we absolutely destroy them. I feel it in me bones.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Don’t let Sydney know you are complaining about something. Albion won, nothing else matters.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Couldn't make it yesterday, but quite glad as the trains down from London looked like a nightmare - was it even possible to get to Brighton? Seemed like everything was cancelled or terminated at Gatwick...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Couldn't make it yesterday, but quite glad as the trains down from London looked like a nightmare - was it even possible to get to Brighton? Seemed like everything was cancelled or terminated at Gatwick...
Way there wasn't too bad. Way back painful.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Trains from Lewes to London/Croydon we're fine.
Never understand after the game why you would not change at Lewes for London rather than go to Brighton where it's packed.
Always time to pop out of the station and restock on refreshments for the onward journey.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Not to worry, I'm sure the money raised from an astonishing 5.9% increase in rail fares will be put to use improving the infrastructure and service.

Definitely won't be used to line shareholder pockets. Nope.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Trains from Lewes to London/Croydon we're fine.
Never understand after the game why you would not change at Lewes for London rather than go to Brighton where it's packed.
Always time to pop out of the station and restock on refreshments for the onward journey.
For the first time ever I chose Lewes over Brighton yesterday so got lucky. However there are a lot more trains going from Brighton.... So if getting out early I would probably still choose Brighton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ok the trains generally are just sh1t these days (including associated infrastructure!)
Nothing general , they're utterly appalling. Football is irrelevant,

we'd get around quicker if they scrapped the lot and turned them into cycle paths

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

How are Southern Rail meant to plan for Track Circuit Failures? There were definitely trains to London post match, just delayed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As per normal, the club Match Briefing email got it wrong. Such lazy copy'n'paste communications. Those post-match trains to Brighton timetabled to stop at Moulsecoomb and London Road did exactly that

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For the first time ever I chose Lewes over Brighton yesterday so got lucky. However there are a lot more trains going from Brighton.... So if getting out early I would probably still choose Brighton
I travel from Croydon, much prefer the Lewes route, it's just not so much of a crush and I prefer the pubs.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Left WSU at 17.20, queues for Brighton and Lewes much much smaller than usual....Guess 3000 West Ham were back home by then.....
Agree. We normally get stuck in the bottleneck next to the train queue walking back to the Bridge. Not yesterday though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here