Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Waterhall and Hove Park in the 1980's. I remember Lawrenson citing the fact we trained on the dogs muck-ridden park as one of the reasons he left (other than big bucks at the best team in the country of course!).

God who would have thought that players would moan about the training facilities at the Albion???..................................

................................Oh they still do!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They trained at Angmering Rugby Club at some stage

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I know that some of the Youth games are played there.

They trained on the all-weather pitch at Brighton Rugby Club last winter when sussex uni froze over!

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
They also used to train in Worthing just along the road from my Grandad's house. I remember him telling me that he'd watched Sergei Gotsmanov train and that he'd looked like a REAL footballer.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Monkster said:
So WHEN Falmer gets built, surely Withdean would be used, league standard pitch et al?

When Falmer gets built, the squad will have hologram Training facilities, like on Star Trek when they go on a hologram holiday!

:lolol:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Curious Orange said:
They also used to train in Worthing just along the road from my Grandad's house. I remember him telling me that he'd watched Sergei Gotsmanov train and that he'd looked like a REAL footballer.

why does the way you put that suddenly make me feel very very old?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here