Train To Derby

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
I know we've still got the Millwall away game before derby and our home games, but can anyone find a return to derby for cheap? lowest i've found is £61

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Managed to buy a return from LDN as two singles, standard class out, 1st class back for £38, but that was on September 2nd.

Also, think the BTN - LDN day return is something approaching £25 for an adult these days...

idlewild1

Mar 30, 2012
I have family in Derby and East Mids trains are often pricey. I sometimes go with Virgin from Euston to Birmingham or Burton and change and it works out a fair bit cheaper.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Managed to buy a return from LDN as two singles, standard class out, 1st class back for £38, but that was on September 2nd.

Also, think the BTN - LDN day return is something approaching £25 for an adult these days...

I know that I only pay £8.25 for a travel card from Haywards Heath buying in advance on the National Railways web site but I do have a Network Rail Card.

I just looked it up. A travel card, booked in advance from Brighton with a Network Rail Card would only cost £9.90. You only get these cheap deals at weekends as there is a minimum spend (£13 I think) on weekdays.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Between London St Pancras and Derby you can get an Advance Single each way for £20 (or £24 each way for 1st Class)

Brighton to London St Pancras is £15 for a day ticket (£12.50 from Burgess Hill) - cant find any cheaper.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think We did it last time to Luton Airport on FCC then onto Midlands from there, something like that, got it on 4 for 2 or railcard deals, dirt cheap.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I just had a look on national rail enquiries

If you buy in advance

Brighton - Victoria £5
Victoria- st pancras £7 return
St pancras - derby £13
Derby - st pancras £16
Victoria- Brighton £5

Total £46

Those prices are based on travelling on specific trains at specific times.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I just had a look on national rail enquiries

If you buy in advance

Brighton - Victoria £5
Victoria- st pancras £7 return
St pancras - derby £13
Derby - st pancras £16
Victoria- Brighton £5

Total £46

Those prices are based on travelling on specific trains at specific times.

You missed out St Pancras to Victoria.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
With railcard, 4 adults, St Pancras to Derby, and back, £76, or £19 each, add to that your train from Brighton, 7.50 each, hey ho, £26.50 each.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
What if you don't have a railcard & there are only 2 of you

Well, for a start, consider one of you getting a railcard, those prices may well be the same for two people (pro-rata), and if not, find two others to buy tickets all together.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports