Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train strikes Arsenal away

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This means that there are some underground stations that are owned by National Rail that will be effected. For example, in the most recent strike like this one, the Elizabeth Line was running in the middle section. but Farringdon station only had one exit (Barbican/Smithfield) as the main station was closed due to the strike.

The London Underground network will be running next Wendesday (as per current information), this is unlikely to include the wider Overground network though.

Southern will update their information on Friday (4th) here and we'll only know then if it is possible to get to London from Sussex.

If the last time is anything to go by it will probably be possible, but difficult, to get to Arsenal, and almost impossible to go back to Sussex via train after the game.
Thanks - as you seem pretty clued up on the previous strike… would you say it’s likely you could get a tube from Brixton and back ok if it’s the same as the last one? That’s my plan…

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think that there will be some trains running from Brighton to London (there usually are), and Victoria line TFL will be unaffected.

The issue will be whether there are any return trains after 6.30pm. If you can get up to London, be prepared to stay there.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
TFL have updated their details for next Wednesday.

Thanks, district line local to Wimbledon affected then, with very limited services. May be getting a bus from earls Court. Should be OK getting up, looks like strike starts at 5 so just need to get to vauxhall by then

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m really struggling here with this quote function 😞

Anyhoo, I’m going to Brixton and getting the tube, if the tube’s buggered i’m not going. I seriously don’t fancy the Dartford or Blackwall tunnels on a strike day

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Thanks - as you seem pretty clued up on the previous strike… would you say it’s likely you could get a tube from Brixton and back ok if it’s the same as the last one? That’s my plan…
If you can get to Brixton, it will be as if no strike is going on from there. Direct through on the Victoria Line. I'd say you probably have the best plan.

The below is the reality of disruption on the tube on Wednesday.

Tube​

District line​

Very limited service between:
  • Wimbledon and Parsons Green
  • Wimbledon and Earl's Court
  • Richmond and Turnham Green

Bakerloo line​

• No service north of Queen's Park. Reduced London Overground service north of Queen's Park from 08:00-17:00 only

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
If you can get to Brixton, it will be as if no strike is going on from there. Direct through on the Victoria Line. I'd say you probably have the best plan.

The below is the reality of disruption on the tube on Wednesday.

Tube​

District line​

Very limited service between:
  • Wimbledon and Parsons Green
  • Wimbledon and Earl's Court
  • Richmond and Turnham Green

Bakerloo line​

• No service north of Queen's Park. Reduced London Overground service north of Queen's Park from 08:00-17:00 only
Thank you for the heads up on this! I was originally planning to park in Wimbledon and get the tube. It looks like a better option is South Wimbledon (no disruption so far as I can see at the moment) although I should imagine it will be busier than normal.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thank you for the heads up on this! I was originally planning to park in Wimbledon and get the tube. It looks like a better option is South Wimbledon (no disruption so far as I can see at the moment) although I should imagine it will be busier than normal.
That's a good call, although parking in south Wimbledon is difficult, all permits. Good bus services South from there so could park easily at new malden, get the train/tube to the game then bus or uber from South Wimbledon to the car

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Coaches. I keep seeing pubs or groups on my facebook who are organising coaches to Arsenal. Check out anything Brighton & Hove Albion related on facebook. Some are £25.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I know there is a pretty gig car park at Morden, right at the Southen end of the Northern Line.

Looking at next Wednesday, will this (all the way on the Northern Line) work?
I parked at Morden for Spurs last season and it worked a treat.

I'm planning Morden to St.Pancras on the Northern Line and then St.Pancras to Highbury on the Piccadilly Line.
Hopefully they are all operating.

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
I'm thinking:

Morden tube to King's Cross St. Pancreas

King's Cross St. Pancreas to Arsenal

Or

Morden tube to Stockwell

Stockwell to Green Park

Green Park to Arsenal

A really good app is citymapper, you literally put the destination you want to get too and it tells you exactly how to get there in real time. It includes walking, buses, trains, tube, etc.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I know this sounds obvious, but as someone who lived part-time in South West London until fairly recently, can I suggest if you are driving to any of the Tube stations there you leave plenty of time to get there. A single incident on the A3, which is the best road to get to that area from the M25, will completely mess up the traffic for miles around. I have unpleasant personal experience of this. A journey (from Battersea to Sharpthorne) that normally took one and a quarter to one and a half hours could easily take an extra hour.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'm thinking:

Morden tube to King's Cross St. Pancreas

King's Cross St. Pancreas to Arsenal

Or

Morden tube to Stockwell

Stockwell to Green Park

Green Park to Arsenal

A really good app is citymapper, you literally put the destination you want to get too and it tells you exactly how to get there in real time. It includes walking, buses, trains, tube, etc.
Go for option one as @Change at Barnham said in his post. It's the easiest route and should take you about 50 mins station to station. You'd only save a minute or two (providing all the changes are seamless) by going on the second route and are very unlikely to get a seat from Green Park to Arsenal in peak times.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I parked at Morden for Spurs last season and it worked a treat.

I'm planning Morden to St.Pancras on the Northern Line and then St.Pancras to Highbury on the Piccadilly Line.
Hopefully they are all operating.

Any advice appreciated.
Sounds good to me, thanks for sharing. I'm planning head up early and spend some time in London. Is the car park at Morden easy to find?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Might of already been mentioned, but there’s now a tube strike on Thursday, which could well see some lines winding down early on Weds night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here