*TRAIN NEWS* Brighton main line closed tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Oh right, well in that case bore the people in your life into a coma with your prattling on about crap rail systems.

People may want it to improve. Well as my dear departed Nanna Nibbles used to say "Want into one hand, cr@p into the other and see which one fills up first".

ahh the mistake there is "you"

I couldnt give a monkeys as my situation is fine mate but I'm not naive enough to think everyone in the same boat.

Anyway , pant piss with yourself , I'm out

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Leave a bit earlier if delays are expected and you don't want to be late for work. Maybe people don't care about their work enough.

Quite. I wanted to be on a specific film so much last month I went up to London on the last train and killed 6 hours in London (ended up chilling in University Hospital's A&E with newspaper and tea). Got picked up in bus from London at 5.30am.This was because the train didn't leave early enough for me to get there net morning. I do this kind of thing frequently though not to that extreme often. Thing is I don't whinge because THERE'S COCK ALL I CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
ahh the mistake there is "you"

I couldnt give a monkeys as my situation is fine mate but I'm not naive enough to think everyone in the same boat.

Anyway , pant piss with yourself , I'm out

You really are a bit of a child. I'm pointing out there's no point moaning, mate. I understand perfectly well others are in different situations.I'm pointing out there's no point moaning. It's dull and self centred. Mate.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the sensible thing to do when going for a job in London or anywhere for that matter would be to ask yourself the simple question "Is it going to be realisticaly possible for me to get there on time most days"? If you start a job and then realise train delays and travel time make you late for work, it's your own, short sighted, fault.

I have almost zero respect for people who turn up late if it could have been avoided with a bit of forward planning. It makes my day a lot longer and costs a lot of money.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You really are a bit of a child. I'm pointing out there's no point moaning, mate. I understand perfectly well others are in different situations.I'm pointing out there's no point moaning. It's dull and self centred. Mate.

its a forum , people can vent , it may help frustrations , it may be pointless , it may just help people knowing that loads in the same shitty boat . . . You will find most people on the trains say absolutely f ck all as you advise . Moaning on here not really worth getting on your soap box and taking the moral high ground about. Moaning about moaning and defending your corner. Thats even worse.

Thread title pretty clear , why wade in at all ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
its a forum , people can vent , it may help frustrations , it may be pointless , it may just help people knowing that loads in the same shitty boat . . . You will find most people on the trains say absolutely f ck all as you advise . Moaning on here not really worth getting on your soap box and taking the moral high ground about. Moaning about moaning and defending your corner. Thats even worse.

Thread title pretty clear , why wade in at all ?

The thread title indicates someone giving a heads up, not moaning. However, The day you run this forum you can tell me when to post and when not to, until then have a read what others have to post. It may make you slightly more chilled.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The thread title indicates someone giving a heads up, not moaning. However, The day you run this forum you can tell me when to post and when not to, until then have a read what others have to post. It may make you slightly more chilled.

exactly the same back to you .

And am perfectly chilled here thanks

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Its no different to driving, you should always give a bit of extra time as there could be traffic, roadworks etc.

To an extent, but distance and route can vary accordingly.

Plus Southern advertise getting me to station x at y time.

Driving makes no such promises hence you cannot guarantee being where you want to be at a set time.

With trains there is a level of expectancy.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To an extent, but distance and route can vary accordingly.

Plus Southern advertise getting me to station x at y time.

Driving makes no such promises hence you cannot guarantee being where you want to be at a set time.

With trains there is a level of expectancy.

As can a rail route to some extent. A Sat Nav advertises an arrival time/journey time too, there is no such guarantee you will be there at that time.

With roads there is a level of expectancy too.

All types of transport are the same really.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Most of you are missing the point. I know that I have a reasonable chance of being late in or late home and plan around it. I can also work from home. I don't even mind standing now and then.

The problem is what I'm charged for it. If I paid a car dealer for a car what I paid for my season ticket and it broke down as much as the trains do I'd be round there with trading standards and a sherif.

Last edited:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
As can a rail route to some extent. A Sat Nav advertises an arrival time/journey time too, there is no such guarantee you will be there at that time.

With roads there is a level of expectancy too.

All types of transport are the same really.

Well not really. With trains and scheduled station stops (esp in Sussex), it is reasonable to expect it will take a set route and arrive at a designated time, as advertised.

With the roads, no one is promising me that if I drive to Dartford from Brighton i will arrive within a couple of minutes of x.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Well not really. With trains and scheduled station stops (esp in Sussex), it is reasonable to expect it will take a set route and arrive at a designated time, as advertised.

With the roads, no one is promising me that if I drive to Dartford from Brighton i will arrive within a couple of minutes of x.

But there is no transport provider in the world that can ever guarantee you will get to your destination bang on time and that includes Germany and Japan. And really, although we'd all like to be on time, is 5 minutes that big a deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports