Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Train misery (not really expected, lines are currently open)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My line to London had no trains this morning. I had a class of 80s students on their way, who I am now about to attempt to address, delayed, using Teams.

But my line to London is shit.

We had a power cut last night because someone thinks it is fine to have overhead power that passes through the branches of mature trees.

<sigh>

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My line to London had no trains this morning. I had a class of 80s students on their way, who I am now about to attempt to address, delayed, using Teams.

But my line to London is shit.

We had a power cut last night because someone thinks it is fine to have overhead power that passes through the branches of mature trees.

<sigh>
Yes, it’s a nightmare here too. High winds and trees down everywhere. No services at all from where I live. I wasn’t planning to go tonight as I have work tomorrow but wouldn’t have been able to get there anyway today because of disrupted services …

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Services look nightmare. Tonights game badly timed. Hope fans can make it.
I really had no idea you can only go to the Amex by train

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stop trolling please. It's really boring.

This is a nice warning. The next one will not be.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t think the OP was thinking about himself but raising a concern for others - not everyone lives in Brighton or drives a car. Lot’s of people travel long distance to get to the Amex, for whom a journey 3 x as long on a coach would be out of the question for an evening match.

EDIT - I was wondering why the OP was getting a weird response for apparently no reason - I checked his posts and clearly there is some baggage here from another thread where he doesn’t support the train strike 🙄 Guess there’s another backstory I was oblivious to!

Doesn’t change the fact the train services are seriously disrupted in some regions today so hope everyone does get to the match that wants to (and make lots of noise!)
Yes there are issues in Anglia, but I do find that saying that fans won't get to the game from Brighton, is maybe over egging it, service will probably return to normal by Kick Off on most lines. Unless you are travelling via Mitre Bridge Junction as there's been a derailment on that line.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's just about the only thing he posts on and he set up a sock puppet to agree with himself. Here's a selection.

Surely the main questions fans wanna know is 1. whats the ko time as 5.45pm makes a huge difference to 8pm if working for example 2. will trains be running
Based on 1 its a gamble perhaps for some and annoying not knowing WHEN the ko time will be confirmed

Surely the Pal@rse home game 3rd Feb Saturday will be moved anyway? cant see Police wanting it then and also train striking again

but when it has ran previously it stops early so even if game is moved to lunchtime ko, it would help fans get home; you cant seriously think the Police will be happy with thousand of Pal@rce fans stuck in Brighton for the evening?
1705922936112.png

Even when you look at posts on thread unconnected with the trains, he's just mentioning the trains, normally in connection with wanting a game cancelled (Palace) or that it will 'be impossible'.

We famously banned someone for insisting there was fog at the Amex when there wasn't. This thread is no better. Boz doesn't like us banning people without a warning though, so here's his.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes there are issues in Anglia, but I do find that saying that fans won't get to the game from Brighton, is maybe over egging it, service will probably return to normal by Kick Off on most lines. Unless you are travelling via Mitre Bridge Junction as there's been a derailment on that line.
Absolutely- I agree completely Jack - I assumed the OP was talking about people travelling from outside Sussex - but see my edit too.

In order for me to get the train to the Amex for an evening match, I would normally leave by midday-13hrs. That wouldn’t be possible today given the weather incidents and my ticket would have been up for resale.

Gawd, if I lived in Brighton still or within a 25 mile radius of the Amex, I would be getting a taxi there every home game or walk or cycle if I were as fit as I was 3 years ago - train strikes, bus strikes, rain, snow nor anything else would stop me - I’m a little bit jealous of those that still live near enough to make the journey in a few hours on the bus/coach or live from outside Sussex but have a private car to get to matches in the event of rail services being suspended completely/strikes. 🤢 🙂

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Absolutely- I agree completely Jack - I assumed the OP was talking about people travelling from outside Sussex - but see my edit too.

In order for me to get the train to the Amex for an evening match, I would normally leave by midday-13hrs. That wouldn’t be possible today given the weather incidents and my ticket would have been up for resale.

Gawd, if I lived in Brighton still or within a 25 mile radius of the Amex, I would be getting a taxi there every home game or walk or cycle if I were as fit as I was 3 years ago - train strikes, bus strikes, rain, snow nor anything else would stop me - I’m a little bit jealous of those that still live near enough to make the journey in a few hours on the bus/coach or live from outside Sussex or have a private car to get to matches in the event of rail services being suspended completely/strikes. 🤢 🙂
If its any help, think most of the weather related issues have dissipated by now. Hopefully the weather is all good for Palace.

el punal

Gawd, if I lived in Brighton still or within a 25 mile radius of the Amex, I would be getting a taxi there every home game or walk or cycle if I were as fit as I was 3 years ago - train strikes, bus strikes, rain, snow nor anything else would stop me - I’m a little bit jealous of those that still live near enough to make the journey in a few hours on the bus/coach or live from outside Sussex or have a private car to get to matches in the event of rail services being suspended completely/strikes. 🤢 🙂
I live in Southampton. I will travel to the Amex in a hot air balloon with touchdown estimated at 19.00 hours. Watch out on the concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here