Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train issues for tonight

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
On the train already from Reading to Paddington then Elizabeth line to Stratford. Just had an announcement that power line is down and trees between Reading and London so delayed here at then moment. Safe trip everyone
Made it to Maidenhead and stuck again 🙁

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Bin day down here and my trip back from lunch involved lots of empty bins doing their best Mr Tumble impression onto the road. That would be a new one for Southern Fail - cancelled due to a bin on the line
Don’t give them ideas!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Got on the 14.24 from Warrior Square. Train hit a tree between Battle and Robertsbridge and we’ve not moved since. That was 2 hours 30 minutes ago. Not going to make the match. Will hopefully get home in time to watch on tv.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just come home from Sevenoaks station. Multiple trees down on Kent lines and roof of part of Grove Park Station blocking entire track up line. Might just about get in to London but could well not get back!! Nightmare!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’m on the 4.46 Thameslink from Haywards Heath which is running on time and just getting into East Croydon.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's very very windy in London and I even heard reports the smog has cleared over the East End.

Bin lids everywhere, house for sale signs snapped off etc...

Most bizarrely a saw a w******* on a a push scooter being propelled by the wind in the bus lane a couple of hours ago.

Mar 4, 2023
Attempted to get the train from Guildford but South Western advised the next train going would take over an hour and twenty minutes (leaving at 5pm) and they couldn't guarantee its arrival at Waterloo, furthermore they couldn't guarantee a train home later on. Decided to cut my losses and head home. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing the Olympic Stadium for the first time, and have a sneaking suspicion we'll pull off another result.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Beer merchants tap has lovely beer. Smooth journey. Nice!

Attachments

• 20240102_172903.jpg
    20240102_172903.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 58

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's very very windy in London and I even heard reports the smog has cleared over the East End.

Bin lids everywhere, house for sale signs snapped off etc...

Most bizarrely a saw a w******* on a a push scooter being propelled by the wind in the bus lane a couple of hours ago.
I remember and England international being cancelled once do to smog. I guess it stopped being a thing when coal started fazing out. Against Northern Ireland, I think. Late 70s maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here