Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train hauled by steam locomotive 61306 Mayflower passing through Preston Park this evening

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My Dad was probably there to watch it, his excuse - he was a fireman on the southern locos. I believe he was working on the last regular service stream train to leave brighton station back in the day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some glorious pictures in Twitter. I didn't realise that it was docking at Brighton. I would have popped up there otherwise.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The Bluebell Railway has a diesel gala on the weekend of 18th/19th April, when we will be getting our usual 0-0 draw away at Wigan. A couple of Deltics (Class 55s, which used to haul trains on the East Coast Main Line before the IC125s) are scheduled to make an appearance. Proper locomotives, which didn't break down with a few raindrops, unlike these flimsy Class 377 things we have to put up with now. Give us back the old Class 33 and MK1 hauled trains we had in the rush hour on the East Grinstead line any day of the week.

A bit too late for that, most Class 33's were scrapped in the early 1990's...............

Attachments

• MC Metals Glasgow.bmp
    810.1 KB · Views: 106

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
A bit too late for that, most Class 33's were scrapped in the early 1990's...............

I realise that...just harking back nostalgically to the days when one got at least some of one's journeys arriving on time. Came up to town for a church service yesterday and was stuck for 10 minutes plus outside Clapham Junction while we were in a queueing system (never heard it called that before; stuck at a red signal is the usual reason given).

Never mind it wouldn't happen in Germany. I thought it was the Netherlands where you could set your watch by the railway timetables.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
That must of been the steam train that came through Three Bridges at around 1900 on Saturday.

Unfortunatley, I was sat on a Thameslink train waiting to go to London, so didn't get full effect. Other than the smell of the smoke of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here