Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train Drivers Strike - Luton (a)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite. This is a problem that Labour will inherit.
Labour won't inherit the problem Labour will create it.

'Because under the last Tory government the trains ran perfectly, cheap and on time'.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's been a total horror show of a season train wise. The majority of games being impacted due to train issues / strikes / overtimes / issues etc etc.

Add in most our home games have been non Saturdays.

Palace Home actually a rare rare Saturday 3pm ......... it could be a fantastic day. Fully expect some heavy heavy drinking and antics this day.

Just hope as previously mentioned that trains don't stop east and west 5pm

Useless fucks

oh and ticket prices going up and they've also announced record profits. Couldn't make it up !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Maybe this is me being a bit entitled and asking for stuff for free, but with the relatively small allocation and short trip, this would be a really nice opportunity for the club to reward some of its most dedicated fans with some free coach travel?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maybe this is me being a bit entitled and asking for stuff for free, but with the relatively small allocation and short trip, this would be a really nice opportunity for the club to reward some of its most dedicated fans with some free coach travel?
What about those driving or having already arranged alternatives at a cost?

:tantrum:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Been looking at these green line arriva buses. Can easily get one from Brent Cross to Luton.

Does anyone know about these coaches?

You can’t choose a time which is a bit weird , so do they fill up ? Could they stop you getting on ? Not the end of the world if I have to get a cab back from Luton but would rather save 50 quid

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Surely the Pal@rse home game 3rd Feb Saturday will be moved anyway? cant see Police wanting it then and also train striking again

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Been looking at these green line arriva buses. Can easily get one from Brent Cross to Luton.

Does anyone know about these coaches?

You can’t choose a time which is a bit weird , so do they fill up ? Could they stop you getting on ? Not the end of the world if I have to get a cab back from Luton but would rather save 50 quid
I believe EMT trains should still run to Luton that day so those travelling from London should be ok. @jackalbion ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What a caring compassionate man Mick Whelan is, selflessly sticking up for workers rights, and doing everything in his power to ensure that his members don't have to rely upon food banks, because their salary is so derisory.
There was me thinking that he has no compassion or respect for anyone that isn't in a union, able to flex their muscle, and to hell with those that rely on the trains to work, visit family and attend hospital appointments. and who's spending power might prevent the hospitality sector for haemorrhaging jobs. The next photo I see of comrade Whelan, I'd like it to be one of him under one of his trains.

I'd like it to be one of him under one of his trains.
Such are the times we live in these days, if you made that comment directed against an MP or a high-status public servant, you'd probably get a visit from the police. Probably safe with a trade union leader though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here