Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train disruption from London tonight?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Some sort of service may start operating via Balham shortly. Disruption expected until the end of service.

Incident occured on the "Slow" lines at Balham with a service to Dorking involved. Trains left stranded on the fast lines are beginning to move again. No service running from Victoria yet.

CORRECTION - Services have now resumed from Victoria. The 17.57 Victoria to Seaford/Ore service via Lewes has also been cancelled, in case anyone planned to use that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll be at London bridge in 20mins - just gonna hope!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I'm on the 4.55 from City Thameslink to Brighton, which seems on time at the moment. I was planning on changing to the Lewes train at three bridges, but might sit tight on this one instead if there are disruptions elsewhere.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm on the 4.55 from City Thameslink to Brighton, which seems on time at the moment. I was planning on changing to the Lewes train at three bridges, but might sit tight on this one instead if there are disruptions elsewhere.

That service has been cancelled - better off staying on to Brighton.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have managed to get on a train from Victoria to Horsham so planning on changing at Three Bridges unless anyone has any better ideas?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I have managed to get on a train from Victoria to Horsham so planning on changing at Three Bridges unless anyone has any better ideas?

Assuming your on the heavily delayed 1619 to Horsham which left at 1705, better off changing at Gatwick for something to either Brighton or Lewes. Southern are turning some back at East Croydon, but its unclear what services will run until they actually depart.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Bozza, you at Victoria?

Spoke to BTP. Unsure if the person is dead but if this took place an hour ago its safe to say their either dead or in critical condition and unsafe to move. No idea how "messy" it is either.

The 1613 is still on the screen and the 1632 is expected 1707 which was nearly 20 minutes ago so the screens are ****ed too.

Unable to check work emails right now.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Assuming your on the heavily delayed 1619 to Horsham which left at 1705, better off changing at Gatwick for something to either Brighton or Lewes. Southern are turning some back at East Croydon, but its unclear what services will run until they actually depart.

I am and thanks. Do more Brighton/Lewes trains stop at Gatwick than Three Bridges? It's been a long time since I used the services down here on a regular basis.

Just arriving at East Croydon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got the 16.57 from london Bridge. Made it through ok, around a 10 minute delay backing up into east Croydon. Assume this will only get worse though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Two Caterham services are expected to leave. Full and standing. Take the next service to East Croydon from Victoria and change for Thameslink if I were you. And I am you so I'm gonna.

Gatwick Express is suspended as per usual during major disruption

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I am and thanks. Do more Brighton/Lewes trains stop at Gatwick than Three Bridges? It's been a long time since I used the services down here on a regular basis.

Just arriving at East Croydon.

Depends really, most trains towards Lewes skip Three Bridges. An additional service from East Croydon to Eastbourne via Lewes has been planned to run calling at Gatwick about 10 minutes after your currently due to arrive there, it might be your best bet. You'll probably miss the Thameslink to Brighton at both Gatwick and Three Bridges by minutes as its running to time.

Wouldn't happen in Germany

I get that its in jest.....but after a fatal incident ?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick

My train (thameslink) has just arrived at East Croydon, about 5 mins late. For those of you to the south of Croydon this one is currently due at Gatwick at around 5.45, three bridges about 4 mins later and getting in to Brighton at around 6.20

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
[MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] Your train has been pathed in front of the Thameslink train to Brighton, you could change at either Gatwick or Three Bridges but it will be incredibly tight. The train is the same Thameslink service being mentioned above.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
[MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] Your train has been pathed in front of the Thameslink train to Brighton, you could change at either Gatwick or Three Bridges but it will be incredibly tight. The train is the same Thameslink service being mentioned above.

I have managed to get on a Brighton train at East Croydon and we have just left. Thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here