Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train delays

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
the water was building up in the cess and on the track yesterday at pangdean, the usual underground stream that flooded patcham a few years ago, also a heck of a lot of water coming through clayton tunnel,was a 50mph speed restriction going in up direction .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just spent over an hour waiting at Hove due to a bicycle thrown in front of a train at Worthing

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good to see the 1800 Victoria to Brighton GE performing well. In just 8 working days so far this year it has already gone over a cumulative total of 1 hour late

Scheduled arrival into Brighton is 1912. So far this year since I went back to work on 4 Jan it has arrived at:

19:19:45
19:18:00
19:19:00
19:20:15
19:27:15

19:20:00
19:19:45
19:28:45

Total late in 8 days: 01:16:45

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These things always come in tandem. Probably a chain reaction.

Throwing a bicycle in front of a train, what a stu-pedal thing to do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SASTA the 07:11 Shoreham to Victoria is cancelled ****ing *****

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At least there are already rail replacement buses on Saturday :facepalm:

Just noticed that this morning. Not content with shutting the network down over christmas and ever other weekend last year we are already into this years cycle of weekend closures. Simply not fit for purpose. Needless to say am heading up to the smoke this weekend so I am definitely miffed by this.

Also rail replacement the following weekend too, also when I have to travel to London. FFS!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's amazing, how utterly random train travel seems to have become. It's become like some Victorian expedition: sure, you make plans before heading out into the jungle but boy do you need to be prepared to improvise on the hoof in order to get where you're actually going. And just when you think it's going ok, bam. Everyone off at Haywards Heath.

I've said it many times before: in other countries, there would literally be RIOTS against this level of piss-taking. Instead here everyone just keeps calm and carries on, muttering about it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just noticed that this morning. Not content with shutting the network down over christmas and ever other weekend last year we are already into this years cycle of weekend closures. Simply not fit for purpose. Needless to say am heading up to the smoke this weekend so I am definitely miffed by this.

Also rail replacement the following weekend too, also when I have to travel to London. FFS!

We are going to Blackburn, a long day just got even longer :(
Can't they shut the line down for a couple of weeks in the summer and get a load of work done then instead of doing it piecemeal ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We are going to Blackburn, a long day just got even longer :(
Can't they shut the line down for a couple of weeks in the summer and get a load of work done then instead of doing it piecemeal ???

I know it's ridiculous. travelling at the weekend is a lottery these days. I cannot believe how often they do this. Year after year this happens, it's like they have never done any "improvement" works before.

Good luck with the trip to Blackburn, I'm a complete Jonah at Ewood so am doing the lads a favour by avoiding it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know it's ridiculous. travelling at the weekend is a lottery these days.

There don't even have to be 'improvements' going on. A couple of months ago I took my daughter to a rugby tournament in Cheam (about 45 miles away). I checked that there were no engineering works but it still took 4 hours 15 minutes to get there, an average rate of 10mph.

My daughter was not impressed and doesn't want to go to any tournaments outside Sussex now, which means that she loses out. It's a shocking state of affairs

Has anybody ever had their ticket checked on a bus replacement service ???

I doubt it. I did once hear an announcement on the train that went something like this:-

"I'm about to walk through the train. Normally, I'd be checking tickets, but the service today has been so poor that I haven't got the nerve to do that. What can I say apart from 'sorry'? I hope you all reach your destinations without further trouble".

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Has anybody ever had their ticket checked on a bus replacement service ???

My eldest got to the Burnley game and back from Leeds despite only having a ticket as far as Halifax. He thought he would have to get a regular bus service so the rail replacement was actually an improvement on his expectation. And free!

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here