Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Delays

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't understand why it takes so long to build a road from scratch or do major improvements. It's only a road ! Everything takes place at glacial speed and has the required little teams of workers in groups of 3, one working while the other two watch the first. Very frustrating.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I don't understand why it takes so long to build a road from scratch or do major improvements. It's only a road ! Everything takes place at glacial speed and has the required little teams of workers in groups of 3, one working while the other two watch the first. Very frustrating.

Im the same, why work on 25 miles of road in one hit? Why not just get all the workers doing a one mile stretch, have the ones digging it up being followed by the ones to relay it who in turn are followed by the ones to remark it. Might cost a little more but way less chaos and inconvenience to the road users

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The 6.56 BH to LV arrived at 7.36, just the 40 minutes late

They were handing out 'Delay Repay' leaflets when we arrived at LV. Says it all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Im the same, why work on 25 miles of road in one hit? Why not just get all the workers doing a one mile stretch, have the ones digging it up being followed by the ones to relay it who in turn are followed by the ones to remark it. Might cost a little more but way less chaos and inconvenience to the road users

I can't see why it would cost more doing it that way, it would save a fortune in cones and red tape. It's always the same, miles of roadworks where nothing is happening.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

It might well cost less as I suspect it might get the work done more quickly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love your wind ups! Sat on a train heading into Paddington, I wonder if my favourite barista is working today too?! ;) Merry Christmas Herr T!

And happy Xmas to you. I hope you're keeping well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On Monday the train was 25 minutes late at Victoria and the poor train manager had to advise we were late but sadly he could not advise why as no-one had told him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Change at Clapham. Journey time not increased that much.

Dunno what the fuss is about Lon Bridge closing to southern for a week.

Easy work round

Change at Clapham Junction? You're not a commuter on the Brighton to Victoria line then. There's ONE train at 6.50 that goes direct from Brighton to Clapham Junction and then you have to wait until 8.45 for the next one! Otherwise it's Brighton to E Croydon, E Croydon to Clapham J, Clapham J to London Bridge.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Change at Clapham. Journey time not increased that much.

Dunno what the fuss is about Lon Bridge closing to southern for a week.

Easy work round

I think Victoria would be a better option.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On Monday the train was 25 minutes late at Victoria and the poor train manager had to advise we were late but sadly he could not advise why as no-one had told him.

That's a fine piece of information. Of course it wasn't technically "late", it has to be running more than 30 minutes behind schedule to be considered late.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Change at Clapham Junction? You're not a commuter on the Brighton to Victoria line then. There's ONE train at 6.50 that goes direct from Brighton to Clapham Junction and then you have to wait until 8.45 for the next one! Otherwise it's Brighton to E Croydon, E Croydon to Clapham J, Clapham J to London Bridge.

I am actually all be it from Portslade.

Have a look. Best option for me by far

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am actually all be it from Portslade.

Have a look. Best option for me by far

I did look, there's NO Trains direct from Brighton to Clapham J between 6.50 and 8.45 unless I'm missing a trick here. And if I am, I'd gladly eat humble pie to find a quicker way to do my commute.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I did look, there's NO Trains direct from Brighton to Clapham J between 6.50 and 8.45 unless I'm missing a trick here. And if I am, I'd gladly eat humble pie to find a quicker way to do my commute.

Next week -

Brighton TO Clapham J

06:49 - 07:32

Clapham J to Waterloo

07:43 - 07:54

Journey time 1 hour 5 mins

Lots replicated thereafter (every 30 mins)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here