train carnage again to london

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Trespass. For f*** sake. I'd hire a lawyer and take those idiots at Southern to the cleaners.

Even though an announcement was made a couple of minutes before they broke free saying they would be on the move within 10 minutes ?

It's blatant ignorance !! The train wasn't stuck long either, wasn't told how long it was there but under an hour.

And it was a Southern train operated by Southeastern staff apparently, happens in some places where other companies staff are the train crew on Southern trains.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I genuinely believe that the rail industry in this country has inflicted serious psychological damage on huge numbers of long term commuters in this part of the country. Just read some of the posts on this thread for example. You can see some pretty scary examples of it just about any day, even when there's not a major up-f***. Some seriously stressed-out commuters out there. Personally I find commuting to work WAY more stressful than the work itself. Luckily I'm a contractor so I can step away from the thing and regain some kind of perspective. I really pity those who don't have the luxury of that escape valve.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Wouldn't be Southern it would be Network Rail as it is their track

I genuinely believe that the rail industry in this country has inflicted serious psychological damage on huge numbers of long term commuters in this part of the country. Just read some of the posts on this thread for example. You can see some pretty scary examples of it just about any day, even when there's not a major up-f***. Some seriously stressed-out commuters out there. Personally I find commuting to work WAY more stressful than the work itself. Luckily I'm a contractor so I can step away from the thing and regain some kind of perspective. I really pity those who don't have the luxury of that escape valve.

I don't find it stressful at all when things are working. Can't say I paticulary enjoy it, but it's no hardship, although a long day. I read more than I would at home (currently teaching myself French just on the train), I talk to people I wouldn't otherwise know, have made friends - my regular golf partner I only know through the train- and with the advent of the iPad I can now watch TV or films if I want. No real problems for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even though an announcement was made a couple of minutes before they broke free saying they would be on the move within 10 minutes ?

A few years ago and after some snow I was stuck on a train departing London one evening and was continually told we'd be on the move shortly all night. At 11am the next morning I gave up and hired a car. The moral of my experience is never believe a single word anyone on the railways tell you. And this includes some head of Southern something or other who met with us and still told us we'd be on the move shortly whilst the police standing next to us questioned this and told us the drivers stranded in the Victoria canteen said nothing would be moving for hours. I'm glad people are finally standing up to this shit and have decided enough is enough.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A few years ago and after some snow I was stuck on a train departing London one evening and was continually told we'd be on the move shortly all night. At 11am the next morning I gave up and hired a car. The moral of my experience is never believe a single word anyone on the railways tell you. And this includes some head of Southern something or other who met with us and still told us we'd be on the move shortly whilst the police standing next to us questioned this and told us the drivers stranded in the Victoria canteen said nothing would be moving for hours. I'm glad people are finally standing up to this shit and have decided enough is enough.

So you believe breaking out of a train stopped at a signal is right ?

So if this was to be the case, the railways would be littered with people and chances are someone will be killed - whos fault is it ? Is it the ignorant selfish passengers fault or is it the railways fault, despite the staff giving advice which was not followed. Theres a reason people work for the train company as they have been trained - as you say - in how to wave a white flag when there is snow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I think individually the guys on the ground in the rail industry are doing their utmost to get people where they need to be, and total respect for that. They're in the firing line and seem to be in the dark as much as anyone. There's just little evidence of joined-up thinking or information. Personally the only rail information I believe when the up-f*** happens is what Ernest posts on NSC. Boy does fantastic and gives us insider information that should in an ideal world be available to everyone travelling. For example, that stupidly long up-f*** this week was due to locked brakes on a FCC train. I think the only sane way to travel in the South East if you need to catch a train at a particular time is to look for two departure times closely grouped together, say within about 10 minutes of each other, and assume that one or other of them will be cancelled or delayed by stupid minutes. Sadly that's the reality of rail travel roud these parts. Same as it ever was.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you believe breaking out of a train stopped at a signal is right ?

In the circumstances totally; 100%. I do not believe the act was a flippant and/or fragrant disregard for the rules. It was frustration. For how many hours was TLO stuck on a train last week? Some people have had enough. For the past two months or so there has been chaos on a regular basis on the Brighton London line and I'm pleased people are finally standing up to this rubbish. If you want to be a rail apologist then fine; it's your choice. It's also their choice if they have been trapped by railway fuckwits and incompetence and want to do something about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally the only rail information I believe when the up-f*** happens is what Ernest posts on NSC. Boy does fantastic and gives us insider information that should in an ideal world be available to everyone travelling.

Very much this. There will always be a position for Ernest at Tubthumper Railways.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Even the traincrew got stranded and took the unions to sort it out, that was a total disgrace by managers but heads never rolled

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Even the traincrew got stranded and took the unions to sort it out, that was a total disgrace by managers but heads never rolled

I NEED help, I have lost ALL my MONEY on HORSES

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here