Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Tourist tax

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Indeed. But it’s probably easier to get people to follow that fairly simple philosophy if the streets aren’t already a shit-pit surrounded by overflowing bins. Some seem to take that as a green light.

This is not a Brighton only problem. Here in Worthing litter bins are often over-flowing; empty the bins regularly! People have no excuse then. Also, many bins don't have stubbers on them and a lighted fag butt dropped in the bin albeit not deliberately, and a major conflagration would ensue. I also think all retail outlets should be made to have some kind of receptacle outside.

But back to Brighton and many street bins are those huge receptacles with heavy lids that are difficult to open; maybe they aren't such a great idea either.

We've digressed though. I am a Brightonian, born and bred, and nearly every weekend I can find an excuse to "go home". I do a lot of my shopping in Brighton. I certainly wouldn't be happy to have to pay a "tourist tax"!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How many times do you have to keep peddling that lie before reality smashes you in the face? You're as up to date on facts as TTF above you there.

Repeating it like some dervish chant doesn't make it any truer. You'd shame Paul Dacre with your fabrications. :facepalm:

Who has to pay the loan if i360 can't ? Ah yes, the taxpayer. Were the visitor estimates completely wrong ? Yes. Have the i360 asked to defer interest payments ? Yes. Were the Greens in control of the council when the i360 loan was approved. Yes.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Outright lie. You're a liar.

Well that ignore lasted a long time ..... not ! You stated you would review your ignore next month - another lie Nibble ?

As for my 'lie' - not so my little friend. You must have seen how much TLO defends his Green mates. He knows perfectly well how the vote for the i360 loan passed - he just doesn't like the truth when it shows his Greens in a bad light.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is not a Brighton only problem. Here in Worthing litter bins are often over-flowing; empty the bins regularly! People have no excuse then. Also, many bins don't have stubbers on them and a lighted fag butt dropped in the bin albeit not deliberately, and a major conflagration would ensue. I also think all retail outlets should be made to have some kind of receptacle outside.

But back to Brighton and many street bins are those huge receptacles with heavy lids that are difficult to open; maybe they aren't such a great idea either.

We've digressed though. I am a Brightonian, born and bred, and nearly every weekend I can find an excuse to "go home". I do a lot of my shopping in Brighton. I certainly wouldn't be happy to have to pay a "tourist tax"!

Unless you pay to stay in accommodation, you wouldn’t.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well that ignore lasted a long time ..... not ! You stated you would review your ignore next month - another lie Nibble ?

As for my 'lie' - not so my little friend. You must have seen how much TLO defends his Green mates. He knows perfectly well how the vote for the i360 loan passed - he just doesn't like the truth when it shows his Greens in a bad light.

Liar.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You’re a liar. We all know it. You’re the joke of NSC. Liar. Go on admit it, you’re a liar. I’ll keep calling you out as a liar.

Recognise these words? Liar.

Ohhhh ..... haven't we got our grumpy pants on Petal :laugh:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah keep deflecting. Liar. Dirty little liar. Laugh it up chucklehead. Two can play at your game. Liar.

Nibble are you OK ? You sure the sun hasn't gone to your head ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nibble are you OK ? You sure the sun hasn't gone to your head ?

Yeah, see. Does seem rather childish/mental/unhinged following someone round an Internet forum out of the blue, accusing them of lying, eh? I’m surprised you got the lesson so fast. You don’t seem like a quick study.

Idiot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Next you'll be threatening me like you did Simster :eek:

No need. See above post. You’ve learned your lesson. I’ve made my point. You’ve been schooled. Don’t mess with the big boys. People like you will come unstuck. I’ll leave you to think on .
Layers Players.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
No need. See above post. You’ve learned your lesson. I’ve made my point. I’ll leave you to think on .
Layers Players.

I think you need to see a psychiatrist, you clearly have something wrong with you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think you need to see a psychiatrist, you clearly have something wrong with you.

Don’t make it worse for yourself. It’s okay, I’ll leave it now. Bad luck, son. Just isn’t your day is all, no shame in that. Tata.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Don’t make it worse for yourself.

:laugh: really ? I'm guessing this is a prelude to a threat ? You off to consider taking me off ignore ? Ah, of course, you lied with that as well :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here