Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Touring caravans

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
As has been said, check for damp...check to see if it has a service history, check to see if it is CRIS registered, less likely to be nicked if it is. Make sure it is suitable to be towed by your car. The guide is for the van to weigh 85% of the kerbweight of the towcar. It is only a guide though. If the van is too heavy the tail will wag the dog...

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
Is there a site I can use to help work out weights/ tow limits ect? I've fairly sure our car isn't up to it but looking to upgrade soon so will take that in account. Does anyone have any experience of buying S/H ? We visited a dealer last weekend but prices seemed high compared to what's available online. I'm looking to spend no more than 3k so that doesn't give much choice from a dealer.
Do you find it's a cheaper way to holiday? From the few places I've looked online prices can be high during the summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Corrected for you

I have no objection to them being driven from site to site during the hours of darkness when there is little else on the road it is the idiots with new 4x4 usually Land Rovers who want to show everybody they are good and can tow a caravan at an excessive speed.that I have a gripe with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here