Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tour de France 2021

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stunning scenery today in the Pyrenees, green mountains, they’re now in huge glaciated valleys.

Pogacar with all his team-mates facing no true threats, yet again. I hope next season’s yellow jersey is far more competitive through the three weeks.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stunning scenery today in the Pyrenees, green mountains, they’re now in huge glaciated valleys.

Pogacar with all his team-mates facing no true threats, yet again. I hope next season’s yellow jersey is far more competitive through the three weeks.

Well we could have action still. Ineos haven't set up the Pog train today, so that's progress at least :lol:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Never heard of Pogacar until last year , funny how he has suddenly won 2 tours in a row out of no where , and he is still only 24 . Ummm

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Never heard of Pogacar until last year , funny how he has suddenly won 2 tours in a row out of no where , and he is still only 24 . Ummm

He did alright in the 2019 Vuelta (3 stages and young rider), in 2018 he won the Tour de l'Avenir, think he won a few other bits before last year's TdF.

He's hardly come out of nowhere!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Bollox to that. If you watched cycling you would definitely have known about him before last year!

Huge talent, very exciting attacking rider. Put in the same category as the other young guns coming through, like Remco Evenepoel, to name the most prominent of the rest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He did alright in the 2019 Vuelta (3 stages and young rider), in 2018 he won the Tour de l'Avenir, think he won a few other bits before last year's TdF.

He's hardly come out of nowhere!

And has always raced to win in every single race he enters, including the one week stage races. Huge talent. Great to watch!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll tell you what though....Pedri González?, Never heard of him until the Euros and now running the show for Spain and winning Young player of the tournament. And he is still only 18. Hmmm.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

To be fair, he wore yellow for 1 day last year, and given it was a TT on the penultimate stage, he aced that and leap frogged Roglic for the win. Wasn't like he dominated the race. Bernal dropped out, Thomas and Froome not in it, so you were looking at Roglic, Pinot, Dumoulin as pre-race favourites - it was a tour for the taking.

This year a couple of early crashes and early TT seem to have settled the GC early doors. Vingegaard has also come out of nowhere and is only 24. I think we're just at the end of an era in GC with Sky/Ineos dominating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hate the fact ITV4 rolled out his American academic coach to explain the science behind Pogacar.
Today we got 'the only rider still zipped up'.

Lance's shadow is so long.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hate the fact ITV4 rolled out his American academic coach to explain the science behind Pogacar.
Today we got 'the only rider still zipped up'.

Lance's shadow is so long.

His top isn't undone!!

tenor.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll tell you what though....Pedri González?, Never heard of him until the Euros and now running the show for Spain and winning Young player of the tournament. And he is still only 18. Hmmm.

Let alone Robert Sanchez, 4th choice keeper at the start of last season, becomes 1st choice and a member of the Spanish World Cup Squad.......Hmmm

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Incline pictures from the helicopter are interesting.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
How can one man be so much stronger than the rest of the field??? He's hardly breaking sweat on these mountain stages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here