Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tough ask

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I quite enjoyed following it via occasional text updates from junior whilst on a beach in Cuba drinking cocktails.

Hope flight home is OK tonight otherwise I'll miss the Fulham game as well [emoji23]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Getting called out by work, even though I was not on call, getting 13 hours overtime at time and a half, as well as £15 ticket money back AND watched the game on a stream. So all good, although would have preferred us to have won.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Was in the centre of the North, instead of usual WSU season ticket.

A flame-haired chap kept mentioning 'you're in my f***ing seat, you ****', 'don't see you every week', type of rubbish, clearly at us, but saying it to his mates.

Would love to see this tool again...

Here he is, up to his usual antics.

flame.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The trains were good.

Really? Not if you were in a hurry and going back
To Eastbourne. First train was 17.08 consisting of just 4 carriages with crowding that was just pure and simple dangerous. This alleged ' enhanced' service might just one day result in a serious incident.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That I swerved it altogether, instead watching the beautiful film Stan & Ollie at the cinema.

I was totally disinterested when the WBA came out of the hat, they’ve always been boring defence-first team, and so it proved to be.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Come on, it wasn't THAT bad:
- the first 30 minutes was excellent and that's a third of the game.
- during that time Bissouma was a joy to watch.
- Burn had a very good game and looks like a good acquisition.
- Gyokeres looked very good when he came on.

It wasn't one of our best performances, but a very very long way from being one of our worst.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Really? Not if you were in a hurry and going back
To Eastbourne. First train was 17.08 consisting of just 4 carriages with crowding that was just pure and simple dangerous. This alleged ' enhanced' service might just one day result in a serious incident.

Travelling to the match was just as bad. one train from Hastings was cancelled, the later one only had 4 carriages, with the result that hundreds at Polegate and Berwick could not get on. When you hear a Southern Rail employee collar one of the crowd control people, and give him a radio at lewes after the game, to telephone down how many carriages each Brighton-bound train has to warn the staff at Falmer, you realise how poor the Southern staff's organisation was.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Couple of pints of Harveys, an excellent Steak Pie and an afternoon with a couple of mates. The Football could have been better quality but hey ho the last game I attended was Palace so the bar was set rather high...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Come on, it wasn't THAT bad:
- the first 30 minutes was excellent and that's a third of the game.
- during that time Bissouma was a joy to watch.
- Burn had a very good game and looks like a good acquisition.
- Gyokeres looked very good when he came on.

It wasn't one of our best performances, but a very very long way from being one of our worst.

I beg to differ on this one. true, there were some redeeming features, as you rightly point out, but the fact is that a team with much PL experience, at home, in front of a large crowd, playing what was basically a reserve team, never really looked like breaking them down. Yes, we had much possession, and dominated, but surely that is a given, considering the opposition and not really something to rejoice on. Ok, we could argue as to wording, and whether it was a long way etc, but it surely has to rank as one of the worst displays for several years.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The Steak pie was an absolute joy! As well as Bissouma's first twenty minutes, Dan Burn's debut, and Gyokeres 10 minute cameo at the end!

I've seen many worse 0-0 draws!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It was all dreadful.

Couldn't get on the train at Hove as it was full (and believe me I know how to elbow my way on, normally!).

So we drove to somewhere near another station, which I won't name for fear of giving away a decent parking spot.

At the ground, we didn't even sit in our normal seats and the atmosphere was far worse, being nearer the away end.

The guy sitting in front of us was loud and annoying, and his comments suggested he favoured hoofball and hadn't watched a match since the seventies.

The crowd couldn't think of anything to sing except ''AAAAAlbioooon'' and none of them seemed to realise it was pointless.

We can't even take our water bottles in any more and didn't have the flimsy type we are allowed (minus lids) so had nothing, and spent nothing on food either.

And my son moaned the entire time that he'd never agreed to go to this game and why did I even buy the tickets, even though his was only a fiver.

I've had more fun at home watching Homes Under the Hammer than that game!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Andone has already scored more than one goal under one Brighton manager, something Long has failed to do under Stains last 3 or 4 managers.....

When Long scored his first goal under Hasenhuttl, it was a fact that his last four goals for saints had all come under different managers!:eek::eek:

I actually quite like him, though. he normally makes some sort of effort!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here