Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham - New Stadium Photographs

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There isn't another city in the world with this number of quality stadiums - the city could almost hold a major championship on its own.

As long as they don't go south of the river i guess. But then that its Sainsbury's fault apparently that after 4 years there's no progress whatsoever over at that traditional football ground with average Prem League crowds of 27K in SE25.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Apart from University parking, Bridge parking, a rail station and the most extensive network of dedicated bus and coach services for any club in the country!

PG

I meant for the 'fan' who doesn't want to use those services. Clearly our system is excellent and as a London exile who doesn't drive down I never understand why so many people leave early but then there are six squillion other threads on that!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Spurs won't know until later this month whether they can use full capacity Wembley next season. There are planning condition limits to the number of games that can be held there at max capacity. If they limit attendance to 50k they are ok. This will obviously affect the away allocation too, which COULD be relevant to us...

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I meant for the 'fan' who doesn't want to use those services. Clearly our system is excellent and as a London exile who doesn't drive down I never understand why so many people leave early but then there are six squillion other threads on that!

So, you mean someone who wants to park for free? And doesn't like P+R?

PG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
13spursstadiawall2001a.jpg

The “Tunnel Club” there is an interesting gimmick – an executive lounge with 1-way viewing glass, so all the posh nobs can stand there sipping their glasses of Prosecco whilst gawping at the players as they enter and leave the pitch, like apes in an enclosure. Could be quite entertaining if a player goes FLOUNCING off down the tunnel f-ing and jeffing after receiving his marching orders.

Modern football though eh.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
So, you mean someone who wants to park for free? And doesn't like P+R?

PG

PG it was a throw away comment trying to bring an element of relativity to an argument about a stadium in London, not question either our system or situation.

It was more relevant in the context of say an ambulant London supporter who might choose to walk along Tottenham High road for a proportionate distance to the match versus the same option for us down here... versus one who might use the tube in London.

People find a way.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton

The “Tunnel Club” there is an interesting gimmick – an executive lounge with 1-way viewing glass, so all the posh nobs can stand there sipping their glasses of Prosecco whilst gawping at the players as they enter and leave the pitch, like apes in an enclosure. Could be quite entertaining if a player goes FLOUNCING off down the tunnel f-ing and jeffing after receiving his marching orders.

This is so w@nk 😂

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
True but they didn't upgrade Arsenal, Holloway Road or Tufnell Park and the Emirates works fine. *shrug*

Like I said if people want to come they'll find a way and it's a bit diff to the Amex which is a solid 2.5 mile walk to anywhere useful parking/transport wise.

I've no truck with Spurs but just pleased to see them and Chelsea not move from traditional heartlands, it's good for the game.

Palace on the other hand can move to An island in the Thames and become East London RedBlues [emoji769] for all I care...

But you also have Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park within easy reach at Arsenal, which was always easier to get to and from. But I agree that people should go back to walking to grounds, especially now that they can sit down when they get there. Bunch of softies.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Tunnel bust-ups available on twitter within seconds. Brilliant.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Oh dear, looks like they may be in a spot of bother. The planning approval said they could have 6 concerts a year but they've just sold out a Beyonce concert which would be the 7th in 2024.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best Premier Stadium by a country mile, surpasses Citeh

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear, looks like they may be in a spot of bother. The planning approval said they could have 6 concerts a year but they've just sold out a Beyonce concert which would be the 7th in 2024.
They'll get a £50k fine or something. I'm sure it's been discussed with Live Nation - or whoever the promoter is.

Whatever happened to gigs at The Amex anyway?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
They'll get a £50k fine or something. I'm sure it's been discussed with Live Nation - or whoever the promoter is.

Whatever happened to gigs at The Amex anyway?
Something has just made me laugh.
I'm watching Beyonce just as Mr Jobsworth, in his brown jacket and clipboard, walks on stage and stops Beyonce mid wiggle. "I'm sorry miss but you've got to stop"

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
New stadium, same empty trophy cabinet.
You'd be forgiven for thinking that football isn't the real reason they built the stadium...

5 nights of Beyoncé, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Wizkid, NFL and this weird underground F1 training circuit - Plus some underwhelming football in the middle

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here