Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice to see Knocky back on Fulham’s bench. He has had awful back trouble most of this season so has rarely made the squad. Fingers crossed that he gets a run out today.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
On the coach. Looking forward to this, hope we put out a strong team.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whare Lus this one I think. Looking forward to the game anyway!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pub in Liverpool St. meeting the boy after hefinishes work. His first game since the 1-2 Win at Arsenal.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
On the Tottingham coach from Braintree, Essex

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hoping we see several of the U23's get a chance today. Really want Ferguson to get a chance this evening.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No reason not to put out a full strength team imo - I'd like to see us go for it. Why not, considering our league position?

I know what you mean, but the cup has completely lost any interest and prestige now for me and I see it as a great opportunity to see if one or two of prospects have some potential.

I'm not talking wholesale changes, but at least two or three and personally Ferguson is the one I'd most like to seen given an opportunity as he I feel is a real one for the future.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I know what you mean, but the cup has completely lost any interest and prestige now for me and I see it as a great opportunity to see if one or two of prospects have some potential.

I'm not talking wholesale changes, but at least two or three and personally Ferguson is the one I'd most like to seen given an opportunity as he I feel is a real one for the future.

I’d be pretty upset at anything other than a full strength team tonight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Almost 100% certain that GP will pick the strongest possible team. Decent chance of winning this although Spurs must be seen as slight favorites because... well, they are better at football.

Hoping for a win though cant really get too excited about the cup until the quarter finals.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

I disagree. Get to a quarter finals or more and ambitions of finishing between 7th and 15th will become not as important.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we may put out a full strength side barring the injuries (Sarmiento and Mwepu). Everyone has had a break except Biss and it would be good for him to get back into how WE play.

We also need to get match ready for next Saturday :shrug:

We'll know in 45 minutes :wink:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I disagree. Get to a quarter finals or more and ambitions of finishing between 7th and 15th will become not as important.

Fair enough, but sadly the FA Cup and League Cup have little or no interest to me anymore. I felt differently 10 to 15 years ago but for me (my personal opinion) is that people like Ferguson are our future and his form in the U23's, again in my view, has earned him a chance in a first team game. I still would like to see us give the game a good go, but I think there is room for people like Ferguson and Offiah to get a chance.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As a club that's never won anything of note in it's entire history we should be trying to win one of the cups. It's not what it used to be, but it's still a trophy.

I thought it amusing yesterday to read that Man Utd are in danger of not winning any trophy for 5 seasons in a row. My heart bleeds for them! :clap::clap:

It mattered to them! My dream for this season was to win the Cup beating Manure in the final - remember 1983! I would hope we’re putting out a strong team tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here