Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur U23s v Albion U23s, PL2 Div One - Tonight, 7pm at the Lamex Stadium

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
12 goals in 18 appearances (15 starts + 3 sub) for the U-23s since joining the club.

That is the sort of form that would warrant some training sessions with the first team and being involved in the squad.

I'd like to see a club being able to name up to 3 additional subs who are U21 so when they are in a comfortable position they could send on 3 youngsters for some minutes

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That is the sort of form that would warrant some training sessions with the first team and being involved in the squad.

He was involved with the first team squad all through pre-season (and scored for them) ......

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
George Marsh the Spurs captain went to school in Sussex, although he’s from Kent, still only 19, maybe one who slipped slightly through our net.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's the one that Adam Lallana tried to strangle in an U-23 match six months ago :lolol:

Yep that’s him, a little on the small side when he was at school, however he looks to be filling out a little now. Quite a skilful player who can play centre mid or centre back. Possibly too short too make it as a CB longer term though.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Finishes 1-1.

This blows my mind - Albion U-23s' unbeaten run now stretches to 21 matches, during which they have conceded 9 - NINE! - goals, and never more than 1 in a match.

It might be the strikers that garner all the attention, but what the defence has done over the last 8 months has been remarkable.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Finishes 1-1.

This blows my mind - Albion U-23s unbeaten run now stretches to 21 matches, during which they have conceded 9 - NINE! - goals, and never more than 1 in a match.

It might be the strikers that garner all the attention, but what the defence has done over the last 8 months has been remarkable.

Yes - and correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will!) - but it isn't as if we've been playing the same back four match after match over those 21 matches either, is it?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes - and correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will!) - but it isn't as if we've been playing the same back four match after match over those 21 matches either, is it?

Nope: last season it was largely Sanchez in goal; Mateju at right-back; Dallison plus A.N.Other in the centre with George Cox at left-back.

This season the whole unit has changed, for one reason or another.

Suggests that it is the system/style of play, as much as the individual players. Plus, it isn't just the defence themselves, of course; credit would have to go to the front 6 as well.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Finishes 1-1.

This blows my mind - Albion U-23s' unbeaten run now stretches to 21 matches, during which they have conceded 9 - NINE! - goals, and never more than 1 in a match.

Top work AZG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope: last season it was largely Sanchez in goal; Mateju at right-back; Dallison plus A.N.Other in the centre with George Cox at left-back.

This season the whole unit has changed, for one reason or another.

Suggests that it is the system/style of play, as much as the individual players. Plus, it isn't just the defence themselves, of course; credit would have to go to the front 6 as well.
Yes, that is what I was getting at - particularly with regard to this season. Didn't realise we were that settled at the back last season - but even then it wasn't exactly Dunk'n'Duffy every match.

But - sod the defending - our front three tonight had a pretty impressive record as an attacking threat at U23 level.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Another cracking result.
Imagine if the first team could go unbeaten against Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here