Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ToTP: 1984 (BBC4)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mind you, I saw Chas and Dave at Concorde 2 last night, they were epic.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think the woman in the Lionel Ritchie video also made that bust of Christiano Ronaldo.

4221396001_3808050680001_LIONEL-RICHIE-S-SCARY-CLAY-HEAD-ON-ALAN-CARR-S-CHATTY-MAN.jpg

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ha, ha classic. Ghostbusters theme playing, camera pans around the audience and 2 lads standing there doing sod all. 1 spots the camera and tells his mate, suddenly they're John Travolta. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can't knock the quality of the singers voices back in those days though.
Each artist sounds just like the original recordings and all done with the minimum of effort.
Even the guitarists and drummers are barely touching their instruments but are still able to play them even while jumping around like mad men.
Not like today's lightweights miming every song and getting away with it.

I suspect you just whooshed a whole generation of under 30s :laugh::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Truly GRIM year in TOTP history rescued thus far only by Bananarama and The Flying Pickets. Who'd have thought?

Thanks for reminding me of the Flying Pickets helping the music industry shit all over Alyson Moyet and leading into the britains got talent mode of music fame. If you think Bananarama and the flying pickets were the best of 84 then i pity you and this is coming from someone who had a bedroom plastered with Bananarama posters.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’m very happy to see this thread. I watched that Totp last night and couldn’t believe how bad it was. When you think of the quality music made in that time, it defies belief that this shit was the most popular stuff during the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I’m very happy to see this thread. I watched that Totp last night and couldn’t believe how bad it was. When you think of the quality music made in that time, it defies belief that this shit was the most popular stuff during the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the replay version around 2.30 am this morning (not 100% sure of the time as I was with my best mate Al Cohol!) would you not say it was more of a transision of music between the 60s & 70s to the 90s +? I am old enough to remember all of it by the way.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I watched the replay version around 2.30 am this morning (not 100% sure of the time as I was with my best mate Al Cohol!) would you not say it was more of a transision of music between the 60s & 70s to the 90s +? I am old enough to remember all of it by the way.

To some extent yes.

But the likes of the Smiths, New Order, The Cure and Lloyd Cole (one of my heroes when I was a student) were all active during the year - and that's to name the first 4 that came into my head.

You can definitely see the transition but I still stick by the fact that there was some absolute dross on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here