When should Potter go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Other.

He should've gone yesterday the second he picked a team of FOUR centre backs, FOUR central midfields, ZERO strikers. Many of them fringe players who hadn't played together in that formation before. That's what you do in pre season, not playing a direct rival.

Anyone who thought that was a good idea should've been sacked on the spot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Other.

He should've gone yesterday the second he picked a team of FOUR centre backs, FOUR central midfields, ZERO strikers. Many of them fringe players who hadn't played together in that formation before. That's what you do in pre season, not playing a direct rival.

Anyone who thought that was a good idea should've been sacked on the spot.

Possibly the only sensible post on this thread.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Now - this is where I can't quite work out whether Swansman is making second language errors (you missed the 'where') or playing us at our own game...?

It really is best to ignore spelling on NSC. You're on to a looser.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe we should follow the West Ham approach. Early season results not too good, Moyes self isolates for 2 weeks, results improves, confidence returns to the team, and the improvement continues when Moyes returns.

Can't wait for Saturdays poll after the Wolves result

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
E557C662-E0C0-4EF8-AFD4-2CBEF69B9DF6.jpeg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe we should follow the West Ham approach. Early season results not too good, Moyes self isolates for 2 weeks, results improves, confidence returns to the team, and the improvement continues when Moyes returns.

Can't wait for Saturdays poll after the Wolves result

A lot of fans questioning Moyes line up on Sunday (overly defensive) and disappointed in only picking up two points from last two games ..Moyes out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same as everyone else, when he needs a poo poo

Regards
DF

I had to double take when I though that Das Reich had posted on an actual football thread. Then I realised. :facepalm::shootself:kiss::cheers::thumbsup::bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly the only sensible post on this thread.

So you think you know better than the owner, then? I'm a little saddened at that. That said, if the owner boots Potter out in the next week I will be happy to bow to your prescience.

Otherwise, Happy New Year old pal; may your tomrrows be better than all that shit we have lived through (and I don't mean Burn as a wingding back :wink:)

:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you think you know better than the owner, then? I'm a little saddened at that. That said, if the owner boots Potter out in the next week I will be happy to bow to your prescience.

No absolutely not. I know / think differently. The difference is, of course, the money at stake. TB is obviously invested for the long term. I am a FAN without investment and I want to win THIS game. I want to jump off the sofa, lightly showering myself in beer, yelling "get in there" and doing a fist pump. I want to be able to tell my son that we won't be 16th or worse for the whole season. I want to come on here and write glowing praise about a well thought out victory with actual goals and points and defensive nous. To hear pundits stop saying how "nice but toothless" we are. I think I've now heard 237 different ways of describing exactly that and it makes me want to hurl the tellybox out into the garden.

But if Tony is prepared to put up with all that because overall his long term vision is being fulfilled, if that long term vision includes a post-Covid season or five in the Championship then, well, it's his ball and he can keep it or take it home whenever it suits him. He is richer and wiser than me. I'm not claiming otherwise.

Otherwise, Happy New Year old pal; may your tomrrows be better than all that shit we have lived through (and I don't mean Burn as a wingding back :wink:)

:thumbsup:

Back atcha sweetcheeks. May your 2021 be happy and full of witch house and Barnsley chops.

This has been an actual annus horribilis. Happy New Year to you and everyone on NSC, whether we agree or not.
I'd much rather be debating this stuff with you and anyone who wants to join in, face to face over a beer. Here's to hopefully doing that in August after having watched Southgate's England somehow win the Euros in a blazing, BBQ filled, actually social summer.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Do any of the 8 who voted other, which I guess means Potter decides, really think he would resign rather than get a pay off?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The very lax view of a season or two in the championship won’t hurt is disturbing, you play in the championship for one reason to get out of it why would anyone want to go back there ??? brainwashed by a few fancy passes and a couple of youth players in the first team squad ??? I don’t get it utter madness :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here