Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totally pointless sports

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
most Olympic sports are pointless aren't they? its why 99% of the population arent interested in watching them except for one exhibition event every 4 years.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Basketball

bounce, bounce, bounce, score
bounce, bounce, bounce, score
Pointless timeout
bounce, bounce, bounce, miss
Pointless timeout
bounce, bounce, bounce, three pointer
etc....

Yawn

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's not really a sport, it's a hobby and mostly collaborative rather than competitve.

When I did my PADI Open Water course, that was how the instructor described it to us, 'SCUBA diving is the only sport in the world that is not competetive'. It is refered to in many publications as 'the sport of SCUBA diving' etc.

Having said that, I agree with you, not really a sport in my eyes. Likewise someone put on here hunting as a sport, not a sport in my opinion, but others do call it a sport.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Isn't that part of the sport of beating defenceless animals until they jump over ridiculously high hurdles for the amusement and entertainment of some people, (show jumping, I think they call it)? Agreed though, dressage seems pointless.

No, it's the beauty contest part, where they have to skip and dance prettily.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When I did my PADI Open Water course, that was how the instructor described it to us, 'SCUBA diving is the only sport in the world that is not competetive'. It is refered to in many publications as 'the sport of SCUBA diving' etc.

Having said that, I agree with you, not really a sport in my eyes. Likewise someone put on here hunting as a sport, not a sport in my opinion, but others do call it a sport.

It's certainly not very sporting for the animals - it's pretty much a one-sided contest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Golf. An excuse for sales reps to meet other sales reps whilst all wearing Gant and golf clubs are basically freemasonry lodges in the middle of a very big lawn.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What was it Mark Twain said? Golf is a good walk spoiled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here