Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total eclipse of......our moon.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Just wanted to know what direction to look to see the moon. No worries, I appear to have located it in the night sky

:dunce:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i can still see it, although its got a strange orangeish tint ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw it briefly from Knightsworlds window last night. Wasn't particularly enthralling, so I went back to the poker.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Guinness Dave said:
i can still see it, although its got a strange orangeish tint ???
well MY moon is still there tonight

and STILL with a strange orangeish tint ???

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Reminds me of an episode of the Outer Limits.

"Inconstant Moon" is an episode of The Outer Limits television series. It first aired on 12 April 1996, during the second season. It was adapted from a short story of the same name written by Larry Niven, and Niven himself adapted the story for the screen.

It follows, roughly, the plot of the original story: A physics professor spots that the moon is extremely bright. He realises that the sun must have gone nova and the side of the Earth in daylight must be suffering extreme heat — and that he has only a few hours left to live. He speaks to another academic and decides that it would be better if people did not know what had happened.

He contacts a woman who he had been in love with and invites her to go for a walk with him; a love story ensues where he and the woman marry on what they assume is their last night on Earth. He is forced to admit what is going on to the woman, who is initially extremely disconcerted and distrustful of his intentions, although he defers these misgivings by repeatedly professing his love. When they go to her apartment to eat, he begins to suspect that the Earth is merely being hit by an extreme solar flare, and he begins to plan for an extended period of survival, despite his new wife's reluctance.

He turns out to be correct, and the professor and his wife are one of the few left alive despite extreme flooding, although the story is ambiguous as to the scale of the disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here