Tory's doing something about immigration or just passing buck?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They will never be able to curb immigration whether that be legal or illegal all the time we are members of the EU and signed up to this ridiculous idea of open borders without proper checks. It doesn't work. We need control because of our infrastructure and we need control for security reasons. And don't know what it is going to take to get this message through to our governments.

do you mean that David Shameron was lying ...................again ......................Oh god I will never vote again

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The UN says that once an asylum seeker reaches a safe country, they are no longer asylum seekers. France is a safe country, hell so is Greece or Italy.

It's such a difficult situation. We have an obligation as a nation to support genuine asylum seekers. But they get such a bad name, and therefor a bad deal, from economic migrants who abuse the system just because they want to live in Britain/Western Europe. We/Europe, have no obligation to support every person who wants to come here for a better life. Its not sustainable.

D

Deleted member 22389

do you mean that David Shameron was lying ...................again ......................Oh god I will never vote again

Doesn't matter who it is from the main parties, they are all as bad as each other.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:lolol: they call him the seeker

If, as you claim, I am an attention seeker ( quite how starting a thread is attention seeking on a medium that exists SOLELY because people start threads is a mystery) then why are you giving me attention? Perhaps you just like the attention of derailing and binfestery because you clearly follow my posts and pop up whenever I'm posting yet you claim not to want to "feed my Drivles".

I will always be a Tory basher, the thread title and the fact that it's me starting it should give you and indication of the content. The fact you opened it, commented on it twice and still claim to have no interest in me or it indicates you're a bit of a wanker. Ignore me or get involved, you can't claim one and do the other and retain any credibility.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If, as you claim, I am an attention seeker ( quite how starting a thread is attention seeking on a medium that exists SOLELY because people start threads is a mystery) then why are you giving me attention? Perhaps you just like the attention of derailing and binfestery because you clearly follow my posts and pop up whenever I'm posting yet you claim not to want to "feed my Drivles".

I will always be a Tory basher, the thread title and the fact that it's me starting it should give you and indication of the content. The fact you opened it, commented on it twice and still claim to have no interest in me or it indicates you're a bit of a wanker. Ignore me or get involved, you can't claim one and do the other and retain any credibility.

ok luvvie, calm down , deep breathes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Back on point. Tory bashing aside, I really don't see what they hope to achieve. Rogue landlords aren't going to reveal their tenants are illegals, if we haven't found them by other means how is this going to help?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You packed yet Nibbs, November not far off now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Back on point. Tory bashing aside, I really don't see what they hope to achieve. Rogue landlords aren't going to reveal their tenants are illegals, if we haven't found them by other means how is this going to help?

The easiest way illegals are caught is by raiding hotels, restaurants and places like the Palace pier. They check the workers credentials.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

no liberal democrats..........they have to blame someone

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The easiest way illegals are caught is by raiding hotels, restaurants and places like the Palace pier. They check the workers credentials.

True, hardly likely to reveal their address though are they.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

But they have found rogue landlords - they find them all the time but the only recourse currently to prosecution is where the landlord has breached health and safety. I guess you could look at it as further tightening the system so that illegal immigrants don't get absorbed into the system. There are already well-established laws in place where employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that workers are legally able to do so, it's not really much different from that by ensuring that landlords also make checks.

Whether you like it or not, illegal immigrants are by their very definition illegal and shouldn't be here. We've already made extremely difficult their ability to work and they're extending the net to where they can live and ensuring those who help them are breaking the law. I don't see this as an issue at all. Genuine asylum seekers will be completely unaffected.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But they have found rogue landlords - they find them all the time but the only recourse currently to prosecution is where the landlord has breached health and safety. I guess you could look at it as further tightening the system so that illegal immigrants don't get absorbed into the system. There are already well-established laws in place where employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that workers are legally able to do so, it's not really much different from that by ensuring that landlords also make checks.

Whether you like it or not, illegal immigrants are by their very definition illegal and shouldn't be here. We've already made extremely difficult their ability to work and they're extending the net to where they can live and ensuring those who help them are breaking the law. I don't see this as an issue at all. Genuine asylum seekers will be completely unaffected.

All of which is true and makes sense. I think it's the lack of follow up from eviction that makes the proposal, as yet, unworkable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

very sensible post

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If they haven't got documentation, they're taken into custody straightaway.

by the police I assume
they might say being 25% down they do not have the manpower ..........whose fault is that

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not them going after illegals I have a problem with. It's exactly the stance that should be taken. My issue was is this a genuine attempt at curbing their numbers or Political Rhetoric with no backbone or substance. I mean it's already illegal to rent property to immigrants if you know them to be illegal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All of which is true and makes sense. I think it's the lack of follow up from eviction that makes the proposal, as yet, unworkable.

You're guessing though because we don't have the details of the law yet and once the laws are in place the evictions will occur right away and won't be ongoing. If the landlords don't evict them then the illegals will get picked up as and when the discovery of them is made by the authorities and they'll get deported.

But I'm struggling to see what you want done with these people. They shouldn't be here and if they have nowhere to live then they will eventually get found out either because they will hand themselves in or they will be living on the streets and therefore will eventually come into contact with the police. We have no duty of care to look after adults who are living here illegally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports