Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh FFS I was looking forward to him looking miserable at 5am in a sports hall somewhere

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gove not standing, another proud Tory who has realised that " Standing on our Record in Government " is a suicide note. They can't fool the populace any more..Good effing riddance.
It’s often stated that Gove has a ‘punchable face’ as folk dreamily wax lyrical about giving him a good beating.

However, I’ve never really bought into this shared ambition. His face is much, much better for a damn good old fashioned kicking (think of a conversion in Rugby).

He was in my election night drinking bingo game so I’m a little put out he won’t be losing his seat. However, Jeremy Corbyn has very kindly agreed to take his place on the card.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was looking at some of the local Worthing Facebook groups comments in response to the East and West Worthing Labour candidates request to " Take a Survey " on what matters to local people.

Bit shocked by some of the hatred and ignorance to be honest. All the Prime Ministerial candidate's are quite " Safe " in terms of their adherence to democratic values, in that, they are not going to become dictators overnight if elected but ..reading the comments, some people have been utterly polarised to rabid levels.

I'm not sure whoever wins will be able to unite our country and bring back any form of normality. It must be remembered that no one can agree with every party/candidates policies, views or governing intentions, you pick your individual " least worst " candidate when you vote. I fear we are already too broken and divided to ever be united back to a level of common sense and tolerance, that's if some of the comments and replies from ordinary people are to be believed.
A small minority of noisy gobshite wankas. And every single one of them will be all over every aspect of social media 25/8.
f*** 'em.
They are irrelevant.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Some good news.

The thing is this bill was absolute antithesis of Conservatism. Small state, sweat of the brow and all that. It’s just plain nasty - like most of their policies in the last decade.

Where have the good conservatives gone? This act is just about as far from the values of the Conservative Party as it can get

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh dear.

The Mail Front Page tomorrow…

I’d argue that this is going to hit CCHQ a lot harder than Gove walking.

I can’t recall the last time the Mail printed anything like this?

IMG_4819.jpeg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey even Greg Clarke of Royal Tunbridge Wells is ducking out.

The tories are a shambles right now. Never mind.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The thing is this bill was absolute antithesis of Conservatism. Small state, sweat of the brow and all that. It’s just plain nasty - like most of their policies in the last decade.

Where have the good conservatives gone? This act is just about as far from the values of the Conservative Party as it can get
The Conservative Party didn't begin in 1979. They've favoured a big(ger) state in the past, particularly in certain areas.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oh dear.

The Mail Front Page tomorrow…

I’d argue that this is going to hit CCHQ a lot harder than Gove walking.

I can’t recall the last time the Mail printed anything like this?

View attachment 182937
Oh my. think of the heads that exploded in middle england when your average daily mail reader saw that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

👆🏻If this lot are jumping ship, they’ve obviously agreed with the chief whip to go in a drip, drip, drip rather than give Rishi the gush.

Are those the 5 expected to retain their seats ?

Or the reserve list for the Euros ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
National service to heal the division in the country, yeah that’s the way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Charming

To be fair, that MP is a bit random. The story is not so much what she had done now, but why they were ever there in the first place.

This I think it's the Tories problem. When popular any old fruitcake can get in and under Johnson they encouraged it.

Now on the ropes, their historical selection is coming back to bite them on the arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here