Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How do you know this? Why are you so quick to label everyone and their voting habits? You did this to me for ages too. Stop this naughtiness, it’s very silly. Silly goose.
I think it's more of a disgruntled Tory who knows their party is in the last chance saloon and looking at least a decade in the wilderness. All they have is to attack the opposition and their presumed supporters, just the Government.

Lashing out because the Tories are their football team.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
1697966252897.png

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Well you need to be patient and wait for the manifesto.

I've already decided Starmer's offer to the electorate ( small sample of my household ) is utter shite so I will be voting against him in my constituency.

But his manifesto in theory could change that so who knows ?
Starmer could make Jimmy Savile's birthday a national holiday and still win by a landslide

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's actually the FCA that has lifted the cap on bankers' bonuses, although the government have been trying to force the issue for a while. Lots of stories of real-term pay rises (ie pay above inflation). It's worth flagging up that this has been driven by pay in finance. The public sector, meanwhile, continues to be subjected to real-term pay cuts, as it has for, oh, about 13 years.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's actually the FCA that has lifted the cap on bankers' bonuses, although the government have been trying to force the issue for a while. Lots of stories of real-term pay rises (ie pay above inflation). It's worth flagging up that this has been driven by pay in finance. The public sector, meanwhile, continues to be subjected to real-term pay cuts, as it has for, oh, about 13 years.
My understanding is that it was a Liz Truss policy and Sunak has decided not to scrap it.

Although the FCA facilitates the logistics of lifting the cap, the decision is made by the government.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My understanding is that it was a Liz Truss policy and Sunak has decided not to scrap it.

Although the FCA facilitates the logistics of lifting the cap, the decision is made by the government.
Yes, I think you're right on this (and I'm wrong) based on the 14.27 entry in The Guardian in this:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Another Brexit benefit making headlines today: dodgy eggs from poorly looked after poultry

A recent report showed that a large salmonella outbreak earlier this year was linked to Polish eggs. Concern has also been raised that post-Brexit trade deals could lead to a further decline in quality as low-welfare eggs from caged hens enter the UK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another Brexit benefit making headlines today: dodgy eggs from poorly looked after poultry

A recent report showed that a large salmonella outbreak earlier this year was linked to Polish eggs. Concern has also been raised that post-Brexit trade deals could lead to a further decline in quality as low-welfare eggs from caged hens enter the UK.
Nicely covered up in processed foods and the catering industry, its a Tory dream coming alive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here