Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Twenty two Conservative MPs voted against the government on the Northern Ireland protocol deal, the division list reveals. The full list of names is here.

There were also 48 Tory MPs who did not vote. Some of them will have had permission not to vote, but some will have been abstaining intentionally.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So boris says when asked what his answer would have been if asked when at the podium whether leaving presentations are allowed at work he would have said that it is down to the organisation. What an absolute shyster. Imagine people defending him. Of course he would have said “unfortunately at this time that can not be considered necessary for work” and people will still say he is not a liar. Everything else was “no you can’t do that tiny little thing” but yeah sure this specific thing would have been fine.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jenkin says in other places around the country people were not having leaving dos. So why was it acceptable in No 10?

Johnson says that event was not a party.

Jenkin says he did not call it a party.

Johnson says he did earlier only.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is the sort of thing I meant. But yeah leaving drinks essential.

November 2020 was when my mother in law died, and my husband wasn't allowed to see her whilst she was dying.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson just told off by Jenkin for giving long, irrelevant answers and repeating himself, rather than giving short, succinct ones. The Committee Chair has already implied that he's dragging proceedings out.
Just waffling, constantly repeating himself, trying to run down the clock, praying for another division bell to interrupt proceedings...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My little boy was born in Sep 2020 and i wasn't allowed to any of the scans or the birth. The lady doing the scan wrote the sex on a peice of paper for me and my misses to open at home. My step grandad also died in a nursing home from covid and the funeral was meant to be streamed in May 2020 however the churches internet was down so we weren't able to watch it. However it is the people who had to die alone that gets me. I heard stories of children dying alone and the parents not allowed to go to the funeral. Now i can handle not going to a scan or being there at the birth (i didn't want to go to the birth anyway.. yuk) or even going to my elderly step grandads funeral, but if i had god forbid lost a kid and wasn't allowed to the funeral i can't tell you what my actions may have been to the government having heard of these parties that have transpired since.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here