Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You'd think so, but the voting system and media ownership is so stacked in their favour that they might just get back in 2030 or whatever simply because they're not Labour.

Unfortunately, in the last 13 years so much damage has been done by legislation, a lot of which hasn’t even been report by client journalists, Labour will need more than 5 years to sort it out.
Imo, the best thing Labour could do, is bring in PR, so no party ever gets a huge majority again. Then they can start to get us onto an even keel. I think they will reject it and we will lurch again. :down:
Sadly I think both of you are correct. Labour can't wave a magic wand and make everything better; it will be a long hard journey with difficult decisions, and they're bound to make mistakes. Come 2029/2030 when the memory of the sheer awfulness of Truss and Johnson has dimmed a bit enough people with short memories will say "Labour are useless, let's get the Tories back."

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have always votes Conservative except for a couple of times recently when I voted for Mr Farage to ensure that Brexit got done. Now however I find it very hard to consider voting Conservative again for many reasons. On the other hand what alternatives are there? Labour? Never in a million years. Lib-Dem? No chance? Green? Never. So maybe I'll have to hope that Rishi will indeed change things in the Conservative Party and once again vote blue.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have always votes Conservative except for a couple of times recently when I voted for Mr Farage to ensure that Brexit got done. Now however I find it very hard to consider voting Conservative again for many reasons. On the other hand what alternatives are there? Labour? Never in a million years. Lib-Dem? No chance? Green? Never. So maybe I'll have to hope that Rishi will indeed change things in the Conservative Party and once again vote blue.
Chances are that there will be an 'independent' standing that has views closer to yours, or there's even Reform UK if you want to join the exodus.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't you vote reclaim or reform with all the other hard of thinking perma-angry gimps?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given the ridiculous things I said when I was 21, i'll give him a pass at that. I'll also give him a pass, that he became PM for status and vanity rather than to increase his or his families wealth.

But the pot holes comments is just further causes me to sink deeper into despair. Just say the truth. Just say ....

A) we're doing it
B) we're not doing it
C) we're not sure, we're reviewing it, we'll let you know on X date

The constantly talking about something else when you're asked a question is infuriating
But whatabout Jeremy Corbyn?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not English but even I can see Brexit wasn’t ever going to be a good idea for the people of this country .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm curious, what are your top 3 things the Tories should be doing now?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
…….. whereas I have always said I could no more vote Conservative than I could cut off my left leg with a blunt rusty penknife.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your hope is pinned on Rishi Sunak?

All the very best with that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A cowardly Tory MP will send a text to a journalist/broadcaster but not have the moral courage to say it publicly.

Given his courage and authority it was probably Rishi

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
LOLz - good one :lolol:

If you don't like any of the options, just don't vote!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here