Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like the slippery arseholes have wriggled free again.

What is it about our lawmakers and arbiters that they repeatedly let the Tory’s off the hook?

I honestly despair.

Not quite. Verified by oath is a strong command.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not quite. Verified by oath is a strong command.

It will mean nothing to Boris Johnson and his cronies.

They won’t hand over anything. This inquiry is dead in the water unless they start prosecuting for failing to comply. Which they won’t .

It’s over. I guarantee it .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They are two different companies. Southern Water is concerned with waste water and South East Water with provision of drinking water. You can’t compare the two as ther are completely different organisation. TBF both are as crap as each other. Ardingly reservoir is shut for 8 weeks so that urgent repairs to the bank can be carried. Repairs that were required in 2019 but were ignored but will now cost significantly more to fix if they had done it in 2019. Of course we know how that will be funded!
I only get billed by Southern Water ? All though water companies were allegedly privatised in order to generate " competition " I'm unable to purchase mains water from another company ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They won’t hand over anything. This inquiry is dead in the water unless they start prosecuting for failing to comply. Which they won’t .

We know roughly what's in them thanks to Oakeshott, who got pelters at the time, but the inquiry was always going to be a flop.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I wonder how many people have destroyed their phones? There again, the phone companies still have the data.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you absolutely promise you don’t have the WhatsApp’s anymore?

Yes, pinky promise.

Well, okay. But be more careful next time. Off you go. Naughty boys!

That’s about the f***ing size of it, isn’t it.

Makes my blood boil.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The cheek of the man.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
the trouble with twitter is too many unreliable witnesses, they'll tell you something without all the information. this tweet has for some reason ignored investment in water. that would be over £160bn according to the industry, and its a bit naughty to ignore that. you can argue there has been too much dividends, you can argue dividends shouldnt be paid from debt (110% agree to both, though the numbers are manipulated). arguing all the debt has gone to dividends is false, arguing there has been no investment is also false. its actually how they grow the businesses, by spending more their assets increase and therefore business value increase. its also amusing how the term "gaslighting" keeps getting thrown around so lightly.
But that investment was presumably paid for through our bills, and would have happened anyway. Without the shareholder payments - there would have been either more to spend on investment, or a lower debt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But that investment was presumably paid for through our bills, and would have happened anyway. Without the shareholder payments - there would have been either more to spend on investment, or a lower debt.
quite right. bill revenue along with debt pay for investment and running costs, some goes to shareholders. you'd expect a tweet making about point about investment might include investments made, not ignore it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Are the bosses still getting bonuses when the companies have been fined?I

Is that justified for having given shareholder value?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like the slippery arseholes have wriggled free again.

What is it about our lawmakers and arbiters that they repeatedly let the Tory’s off the hook?

I honestly despair.

The enquiry should be about getting answers for people who, like me, lost close relatives and the many people with lives that are changed forever. It should be about learning lessons for the future. Instead it has become a Johnson circus with his protection and that of the Tory reputation being the top priority. He is actually like a virus, every part of public life he touches is corrupted and infected. I won't even go into the parallels between him and a virus when it comes to reproduction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The enquiry should be about getting answers for people who, like me, lost close relatives and the many people with lives that are changed forever. It should be about learning lessons for the future. Instead it has become a Johnson circus with his protection and that of the Tory reputation being the top priority. He is actually like a virus, every part of public life he touches is corrupted and infected. I won't even go into the parallels between him and a virus when it comes to reproduction.
Well said.

This A&E doctor is reminding everyone as to why this enquiry is so important.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They've legally challenged their own inquiry. Just when you think they can't get any more blatant...
They really think they are above the law.
After all, some of the media have already labelled the judiciary ‘enemies of the people’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here