Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I don't think a lot of people would believe the sense of entitlement that is at the heart of this cabal. I was ranting to a friend last week, who is far closer and more involved in this stuff, about the complete contempt and utter disdain that they have for the rest of Britain, outside of their own cabal and it's financial backers.

His reply ? If you think that's bad, you should hear the contempt and disdain they have for the rest of the conservative party and their voters :lolol:
Yet they have the arrogance and audacity to claim that they are "the patriotic Party" while accusing Labour of "hating Britain" - and there are millions of morons who swallow this nonsense.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just beggars belief really.

Zahawi paid no tax on £27m (TWENTY SEVEN MILLION POUNDS) of his income. And when he's found out, he gets away with it, by paying a penalty on the grounds that he was careless and not fraudulent.
And through it all, he lies to the press, and threatens legal action against the people who found him out.

Us ordinary mortals would have had the book (and probably jail) thrown at us.

But he still remains the Chairman of the Condervative Party.

A Party, that as we stand, would still have over 30% of the electorate vote for it.

As I say, beggars belief really 😨😨😨😨
I've always said that a lot of Tory voters are absolutely tribal in their loyalty, which is one of the reasons why this government can behave as corruptly as it does. Many of its supporters will excuse or turn a blind eye to all of its incompetence, lies and corruption, but if a Labour government behaved just 1% as badly, these Tory voters would be foaming at the mouth.

As it is, if Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg or Suella Braverman turned-up on their doorstep, tortured their family and burned down their house, many Tory voters would still vote for them - while warning about how awful things would be under Labour!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s quite something when the allegation of tax evasion is not an instant resignation/dismissal.

Plough the lot of them into a ditch. Scum. Criminal scum.
It's the Johnson way of Government. They just assume they'll get away with it and if they get caught lie and bluff about it and hope it all goes away if you try and do enough distracting (like bugger off to Ukraine or appear in a car not wearing a seatbelt) activities. There is no accountability anymore, and standards in public life are a thing of the past.

Still, at least he didn't promise free wi-fi and wear a funny hat...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The DM front page today slating benefit claimants saying over 50% of households take more out of the system.
What they fail to clarify is the State Pension is called a benefit, thereby calling all pensioners scroungers.
What next? Enforced euthanasia at 67? They tried with Covid putting old people into care homes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The DM front page today slating benefit claimants saying over 50% of households take more out of the system.
What they fail to clarify is the State Pension is called a benefit, thereby calling all pensioners scroungers.
What next? Enforced euthanasia at 67? They tried with Covid putting old people into care homes.
A few weeks ago there was a sign up stating this on M40 southbound towards London, saying 52% on benefits. Very misleading...

I forget which right wing media outlet was putting their name to it, but this is what they do.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
About 41% of people receiving Universal Credit are in paid employment, but receive this welfare top-up because their wages are too low to live on.

Never see the Seig Mail castigating employers who pay poverty low wages knowing that the tax-payer will support their workers via top-up benefits, and thereby subsidise bad employers.

Ditto, £18 billion is paid (to landlords) each year via Housing Benefit, due to the number of people whose incomes are insufficient to cover their rent.

As always, the Tories and their propaganda press blame the victims of low pay and high rents, rather than the employers and landlords.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So we now have four active inquiries into Government corruption and what looks like a fifth brewing as per the above post.

This isn't normal. I don't understand how some people can accept it for such. Normally even a single one of these would finish off a PM and probably a whole Government.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
About 41% of people receiving Universal Credit are in paid employment, but receive this welfare top-up because their wages are too low to live on.

Never see the Seig Mail castigating employers who pay poverty low wages knowing that the tax-payer will support their workers via top-up benefits, and thereby subsidise bad employers.

Ditto, £18 billion is paid (to landlords) each year via Housing Benefit, due to the number of people whose incomes are insufficient to cover their rent.

As always, the Tories and their propaganda press blame the victims of low pay and high rents, rather than the employers and landlords.

...and then when the interest rates shot up ... So did the rent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that they fail to point out that so many people are on minimum wage/Zero Hours contracts that they fall in to the zone if having a right to benefits. It's long been known that millions of claimants are employed.

I personally don't claim but my wage is so poor I only contribute about £150 pcm in Income Tax and NI.

Always remember that when a Tory Minister or PM says they want a High Wage economy, their party is funded by millionaires who demand the exact opposite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So we now have four active inquiries into Government corruption and what looks like a fifth brewing as per the above post.

This isn't normal. I don't understand how some people can accept it for such. Normally even a single one of these would finish off a PM and probably a whole Government.
The Tory government has learned the huge deflecting value of inquiries, it means that no one in government has to try to answer (ie lie ) awkward questions from journalistic experts in their field. .... " well thats in the hands of the Ethics Advisor now...I can't comment while the matter is under investigation 🖕"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Tory government has learned the huge deflecting value of inquiries, it means that no one in government has to try to answer (ie lie ) awkward questions from journalistic experts in their field. .... " well thats in the hands of the Ethics Advisor now...I can't comment while the matter is under investigation 🖕"
And of course;

“The ethics advisory has ruled no laws have been broken and we see that as an end to the matter”

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It’s coming…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More duplicity and corruption. Can’t f***ing help themselves, can they? It’s their factory setting.

No. They can’t help themselves. It’s a culture.

The old boys network.

You achieve positions of power and then look after the chaps from prep school, oxbridge, the investment bank or the club. You never know when you might need their help, like when you want to become chairman of the BBC, need a flat refurb or an old-boys-network-special-loan.

Keep the wealth amongst chums whilst poisoning the thick-as-shit with hate and nationalism to get their support. It’s an old game.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think that they fail to point out that so many people are on minimum wage/Zero Hours contracts that they fall in to the zone if having a right to benefits. It's long been known that millions of claimants are employed.

I personally don't claim but my wage is so poor I only contribute about £150 pcm in Income Tax and NI.

Always remember that when a Tory Minister or PM says they want a High Wage economy, their party is funded by millionaires who demand the exact opposite.
in a nut shell it's taxpayers subsidising corporations rather than raising the living wage, they rather the countries wealth is with the big corporations, shareholders and hedge funds than in the pockets of workers. Tory Britain

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It’s coming…
I’m absolutely convinced if they win the next election that’s it’s for the NHS in its current form. Free at point of use for all is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here